Flirt

==thirty-eight==

"I thought it was all me"

"You must like me a lot then." You concluded, not realising that the statement could be very flustering for you soulmate, whose ears had started turning pink by now.

Carefully, you dated to step closer to him, which made him look at you.

"But why do you doubt yourself so much, huh?"

"What-"

"I definitely noticed the way you were started to doubt and get upset at yourself when I didn't say anything. And I've never felt so guilty in my life before that moment."

His gaze dropped to the floor yet again.

"You have so many people who will never get tired of telling you how much they love you. And you deserve it, you know? And if I hadn't liked you even when you did, it would be my loss for not considering the feelings of a person who is as hardworking, strong, and cheerful as you.
You're so confident on stage, or whenever you're in front of your fans. But why do you give yourself away to your insecurities whenever you're by yourself? You do not have to be insecure about anything. You do not always have to be perfect. And it would be so much easier to be yourself both on and off the screen, wouldn't it?"

He nodded slowly, lifting his head up again.

You offered him a small smile.

"It's never your fault if someone doesn't understand your worth and cherish your love. It's just because they don't deserve you, and because you deserve better."

"I'd rather have you apply for being my personal counselor who should be with me at all times because you're damn good with words."

He smiled back, leaning towards you. You eyes widened as the distance between your faces kept decreasing, and you suddenly turned away, scoffing to hide your flustered state.

"Do you even listen to what I say?"

"I listen to you only." He winked.

This time, it was you who wanted to escape the tension between the two of you, and run away. Your eyes wandered around the room, trying to focus on anything other than how close he was to you.

"Oh crap."

You froze at the familiar voice behind you, and Seokjin immediately moved back, staring at the intruder in shock.

"I shouldn't have been worried about whatever the hell was going on here because eww."

You turned around to find Yoongi feigning an expression of disgust at the both of you.

"Can you guys just go and do all the mushy stuff somewhere else? I need a place to sleep tonight."

"Y-you said you'd come if  I called you." You accused.

"Yeah, but you were taking too long. I came here to tell you guys to take your lover's spat out of my room so that I could rest my brain for a while."

"What do you mean you were going to call him?" Seokjin asked you.

"Oh, about that, we were the ones who came up with an ingenious plan to get you two together. But you don't deserve to be helped after all the rotten jokes I've had to hear from you for all these years." Yoongi answered for you, leaning by the wall.