Nervous

==thirty-nine==

"So,

How's Life?"

"I should be the one asking.

By the way, your absence doesn't make much of a difference here. It's the same- boring."

"Now, Geum Ara, if that is your way of calling me boring, I'd rather enjoy my morning with a cup of coffee than waste it on someone who texted me "I'm bored as hell without you" in all caps last night."

"Sheesh why are you so touchy today. Didn't get a good morning kiss from boyfie?"

You groaned at that comment.

"Are you going to shut up or should I send you a package filled with fake spiders?"

"Trust you to bring up a very disappointing old memory. Send me an I LOVE LA t-shirt with a big red heart too while you're at it."

"You and your greedy ass."

You could hear her snickering.

"Anyway, how's your love story going, amigo?

Should I start planning a baby shower?"

Choking on your coffee, you immediately looked around to make sure no one was standing close enough to hear your conversation.

"Aren't you a bit too crazy, amigo?"

"You're just fun to mess with." She laughed

"Someone's really happy today."

"I don't have a reason not to. And on top of that, i get to talk to you."

"You and cheesy don't go well together, Ara."

"Shut up. I know you have a big smile on your face right now."

"Oops. You got me there."

You spent the following thirty minutes conversing and bickering with her on the phone, discussing stuff that had happened in the past few days.

And it took everything in you to not tell her about the little drama that had unfurled the night before. She occasionally teased and asked you about how far you'd gotten with your feelings for him, and also about he was behaving around you. But something stopped you from blurting it all out and you just replied with a "we're getting there".

You tried to convince yourself that you would be hiding it only until whatever you had with your soulmate morphed into something deeper, or until you talked to Soeun about whether you were allowed to share stuff about you and him with people outside of the company.

"You better send me the wedding invitation before the next time you talk to me. " She'd said, giggling at your flustered state as she ended the call to catch some sleep.

-

Stretching your limbs simultaneously, you set your laptop aside as you got up from the bed to take a break. Being out of the country didn't mean you were exempted from all the frustrating office work. Not like you were really unhappy about that, because it was your choice to continue working instead of applying for a leave.