Lunch

==forty==

Lunchtime had been pleasant enough, with the exception of you having to sit with the managers because all of you were out in the open and even though you were seated in a private area, even the slightest possible suspicion had to be avoided.

Soeun tried to explain how it was only for the time being, but even she couldn't seem to point out the day it would no longer be required.

You knew, though. You knew it wasn't going to get any easier. You would have be careful with each and every step you took now, because you were continuosly going to be under the watch of innumerable people.

"Do we leave here as soon as the concert ends?" You asked, trying to focus on better things like getting to know if you would still be able to go outside when you're on your own.

"The boys get a break for a day before we travel to another city for the next show." Sejin answered, finishing up his food.

"They can use it to relax at the hotel or go out in the city of they want. Rest is necessary for them to perform consistently throughout the tour."

"You can go out for that day, too. I'll accompany you if you want me to." Soeun chimed in.

"I'd love to have you with me. That is, if you have the time." You smiled, feeling really grateful to have someone like her with you.

She pursed her lips. "Right. We'll have to start preparing for the next concert by then."

"It's okay. I can go by myself." You assured.

"You're going somewhere?"

You turned around in your seat to find Jungkook staring at you with his big eyes.

"Yeah, she's going back to Seoul in a few days."

Of all the people present there, you hadn't expected Sejin to say that.

If only the poor guy's eyes could get any bigger.

"Why?"

"She needs to get back to work. That's why."

From the corner of your eye, you could see Soeun trying to hold back her laughter and Sejin effortlessly maintaining the calm, innocent composure he usually had.

All in front of a clueless boy who seemed to be very much surprised and disappointed at the joke.

"But- but weren't you working here too? Do you really have to go back? Just like that? What about Jin-"

"Stupid. Can't you see they're messing with you?"

The bomb of curiosity inside Jungkook would've exploded if it wasn't for Yoongi noticing the commotion and interrupting his rant.

"Wait. So you're not leaving?"

You couldn't help but chuckle.
"No, I'm not."

His eyes lit up again as he broke into a smile.
"Great! Because Jin is going to-"

"Hey, Jungkook! The bill!"

Jungkook paused, clearly confused and irritated by Jimin deciding to yell about the lunch bill at that very moment,

until he realised what he would've done if he hadn't been stopped.

"Uh huh clearly not the right time to give spoilers." Yoongi mumbled, earning a glare from Jimin.

The culprit smiled sheepishly, pulling his wallet out.

"Right! The bill! I'm supposed to pay, right?"