Together?

= ten =

You were taken aback. You couldn't believe he actually said that.

"So...what you're saying is.... That I should go with you guys?" You asked.

"Uh huh."

"But Jin, on what basis are going to bring me with you?" You might have internally regretted asking that question, because it was probably just you who knew what it meant.

You weren't his girlfriend. You were just friends with him, even if he was your soulmate. Plus, you were gonna end up meeting the boys. More nervousness.

"What do you mean? I'll bring you as someone I need to be with. My soulmate." He stated in a matter-of-fact way.

Oh wow. It would've hit you so hard if he had said that in a romantic way.
But for now, there was no romance between the two of you.

He probably didn't understand that a soulmate wasn't just someone who would help you heal after bonding. It was someone you were connected with for life. But for him, it was nothing more than healing.

And he wasn't understanding what you meant. He clearly wasn't.

"Jin, I know we're soulmates and all, but.... I have a career too, you know. I can't just leave work like that for two or three months just to go with you."

"Oh come on. You can work outside the office, can't you? Plus, we're both dependent on the bond and how it's affecting us. It's not gonna be any better if we stay away from each other for that long." He replied, clearly getting a bit frustrated.

Of course, you could work without going to the office. And yes, you would need to be with him.
The dependency was what you hated.

You hated how you had to rely on each other to stay alive.
You hated how you had no other choice but to go with him because clearly, his career was more important than yours.
You hated that you would be introduced to others as his soulmate who's just his friend.
You shouldn't have been thinking about all of that, but it was getting to you.

It felt like he was using you. Just to keep himself healthy. When you clearly meant nothing to him. You know that was probably not the case, but human minds tend to adapt to negative thoughts easily.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked, and the look on his face showed a bit of concern.

"Huh? Oh... nothing!" You snapped out of your thoughts.

"Don't lie. But there's nothing you have to worry about now, is there?"

You shook your head and gave him a small smile as he hugged you again.
But the warmth wasn't enough to clear your mind.

Usually, all your thoughts would melt away as soon as you were in each other's arms. But not this time.

You knew that it was compulsory for him to go on tour. And you knew you couldn't let him go alone if you knew he might collapse on stage just because you chose not to go with him. Not that you would be in a better state back home.

At that point, he was more important for you than anything else.
And unknowingly, you were sacrificing yourself for him, when you weren't sure of what that would lead to.

You wished you could read his thoughts right now, to know what exactly he felt about you being in his life. You wanted to know if you meant something him, because he meant a lot to you now.

But it was final. You had to go with him. You couldn't disagree.
You wouldn't.

-