Chapter 7

Mary screamed as Jimmy fell to the floor with blood pooling around him. I looked out the window to not find anyone. I amused that it was a sniper. I looked back at Mary and Jimmy. Mary couldn't move. I had to slap her out of her trance. Mary held her cheek and looked at me, shocked that I had done such a thing. 

" Hurry up and get him to the nurse's office. Though, I highly doubt that she can heal such a wound," I ordered. Mary nodded and put Jimmy over her shoulder. She then ran as fast as she can and I followed behind her. I then turned somewhere else to find the sniper. Maybe he was still in the area somewhere and he was running. I then bumped into someone and fell to the ground. Seriously, people need to watch where they're going. 

I looked up to see Bond. He had a worried look on his face and he was still wearing his funeral clothes. 

" Liliana? What's the matter? Why are you in a hurry?" He asked. I shook my head. I didn't want to tell him in the open, where kids would start panicking over such a thing. 

" You're never like this unless something happened." 

" Nothing happened! Look, if you want to help, go find Rebecca, Aaron, and Hope for me." Bond raised his eyebrow and gave me a funny look.

" Seriously, you lost me at Rebecca."  I was pretty sure that my eye started to twitch, because his eyes then widened. My eye never twitches unless something bad has happened or if someone is being an idiot. Bond then nodded and ran. I started running again, trying to find that sniper. I looked everywhere, even in the forest that was across from us. 

" Where did he go?" I muttered to myself. I went into the forest and started to look further. It was warm and sunny compared to the forest, which was foggy and cold. I was only wearing a tank top and shorts, so I became cold easily. I really didn't want to be in here, but it was the only place where the sniper would go and hide. 
I tried my best not to focus on how cold it was and what would come out at me.  I was about to give up, when someone had grabbed my mouth, preventing me from screaming. I grabbed onto their hand and tried to take it off my mouth, but their grip was tight. 

" Stay quiet or I'll shoot." I froze. His voice was familiar and I knew it was that man who wanted to adopt me. I growled. I wanted to beat this guy senselessly. He hurt so many by just wanting me.  I was surprised when he released his hand from my mouth. I turned around and punched his shoulder, causing him to flinch. 

" What the hell are you doing? You have no right to shoot a little boy!" I shouted. He held his hands up in defense. 

" What are you talking about? I didn't shoot a kid." 
" Yes, you did! My friend is in the nurse's office, basically bleeding to death!" He stood looking at me, speechless. 

" What are you gonna do?" I asked. 
" I still don't know what you're talking about. I didn't shoot a kid and I would never." 

" You're lying!" 
" Hey Liliana!" Bond called.  I saw Bond running with Rebecca with Aaron and Hope. 

" Why are you in the forest?" Aaron asked. 

" Because this man shot Jimmy." Hope frowned at me. 

" What man?" she asked. I looked back and found out that he was gone. 
" You made me lose him!" I shouted. 

" Calm down Liliana," Rebecca said. " Maybe there's a chance that he's still here. Please, don't freak out." 

" I'm not freaking out!" I snapped. " There was a man here, talking to me and telling me that he didn't kill Jimmy just now." 
They all looked at me like I was crazy. Though, I know I'm not crazy. I'm perfectly sane.

" We should check on Jimmy," Bond said, breaking the silence.

                                                                                       ~

In the nurses's office, the bleeding wasn't stopping. We weren't even allowed to see him until he was able to talk. Mary was sitting in a chair, rocking back and forth. Aaron had to calm her down in order to make her come back to reality. 

" What did you do to Mary?" Bond asked me in the corner. 

" Nothing. I told her to get Jimmy here, but I think that she became frozen again when I left her." Bond looked back at her. She was looking calmer now, but she still looked pale. 

" Well, by the way you described the shot. I don't think he'll be able to make it. Also, the sniper can come back and finish the job." 

" Jimmy had told us that someone had locked him inside the closet. Since it's Ms. Scott's room, there was no where to get out unless someone opens it. Plus, he was wearing all black." 

" I don't think you wearing all black is a big deal," he said. " Everyone wears black all the time." 

" People who have black clothing in their closet and wear it every day and black make up," I explained. Bond shook his head. 

" You have the craziest ideas sometimes Liliana." I rolled my eyes. 

" Right, I'm the one who the crazy theories," I said. " Keep telling yourself that." 

                                                                             ~

I don't know how many hours we've been in the waiting room, but I heard my stomach growl.

" I'm hungry," I said. Aaron chuckled. 

" It's has been a while," he said. He then stood up and stretched. " I'll get us something to eat and maybe some medicine." He said this as he looked at Mary, who was shaking lightly. Her looked somewhat normal. I guess.

" Are you gonna be okay Mary?" Hope asked. Mary nodded slowly. 

" I-I'm f-fine," she stuttered. I stood up too.

" Maybe I should go. We don't know what's happening around here quite yet, but I think it would be safe if we go in pairs." Aaron nodded. 

" Come then."

We both walked in silence as we went to the cafeteria. There weren't a lot of people since it was close to bed time. They were cleaning up afterwards. 

" I'm sorry, but do you have anymore food?" Aaron asked. One of the cooks looked up and nodded. 

" How many do you need Aaron?" he asked. 
" Six plates please," he said. 

" It will take a while. I hope you can wait?" We nodded. 

" Hey Aaron, I'm going to get some air quickly," I said. He nodded and let me be. 

In the night, it was cooler. Almost like it was gonna rain soon. I sighed. With Jimmy in danger and Mary going crazy, there's gonna be a lot of things to do tonight. 

Fog then took over the camp. I flinched. Why did it appear all of a sudden? The cabins were then no where to be seen. It felt like I was in some show. 

" Hello?" I called. " Is anyone there?" No one answered. All I could hear was the sound of the wind whistling through my ears. I started to walk slowly through the fog. It felt like I was getting no where.

" Where did everyone go?" I wondered aloud. I then tripped over something. On the ground was a bow and arrow. I grabbed them both. Why were they here? Ahead of me, I saw someone walking through the fog. I couldn't see who it is though.

" Isn't it my little Liliana?" they asked. They now became clearer. 

" Mother?" I whispered.