Another Printed Book Library Vs Digital Book

The opposing view is that it would be a serious mistake to replace libraries with tablets. It is argued that people read 20-30% slower on tablets, retaining only 20% less information and understands 10% less of what they read compared to the people who read the same information in print. This is undoubtedly true, however you have to take into account that they are willing to even read because according to A 2014 study published in the journal Library & Information Science. Research found that out of 143 10th grade students, most preferred e-reading. Boys and those who did not care much for reading also shared a strong preference for e-reading. Digital books are preferred by young and reluctant readers more so because An e-reader has more in common with the electronic devices that young people use all the time. Without question digital books causes health issues such as eye problems and body pains due to posture. It is irrefutable but the same can be said for reading printed books since you have to keep up a posture for some time while reading that can cause stress on your back and neck. In addition the concern with traditional printed books is lighting. Reading in poor light makes it more difficult for the eyes to focus, thus causing eye fatigue. Reading in dim lighting also makes you blink less often than you normally would, leading to a temporary case of dry eyes. While there are many benefits to having a library, using tablets also have numerous advantages. For instance, They are much more portable than physical books, so you can carry dozens, if not hundreds or thousands, of them with you on a device that weighs less. You can also download them in a matter of minutes without physically going to a store and they never go out of stock. Another is that a lot of digital books are free to access from Project Gutenberg, Amazon, and your local library. To conclude everything, according to László Krasznahorkai, "Devices are not dangerous for literature. People can be dangerous for literature. People, for example, who do not read." this is very true when compared to the current state of events happening nowadays in which more and more forms of entertainment are available like games and social media platforms, that time spent reading books lessens. That's why digital books can be more useful than the printed one when the battlefield is a battle of ones and zeroes for the attention of society.