Fitness Blog - Performance Task (Integrative)

Hello to you! Its simply Samantha here, sharing my “petmalung” Fitness plan that I have been doing for the past few years

Hello to you! Its simply Samantha here, sharing my “petmalung” Fitness plan that I have been doing for the past few years. This fitness plan will be a great addition to your routine and can be done with your “beshies” and family members, because as they say, the more the merrier. So what are you waiting for? “Arat na” and plunge ourselves into the world of health, wellness and fitness.

 So what are you waiting for? “Arat na” and plunge ourselves into the world of health, wellness and fitness

Staying Co-Fit During the COVID Pandemic

Our body and health should not be taken for granted nor neglected, therefore, taking care of your body is important for living a happy and healthy life amidst the lockdown. Due to the ongoing pandemic everyone is advised to stay at home to avoid getting infected. Being cooped up at home for many months now can easily turn you into living a sedentary lifestyle, which is not healthy. Hence continuously doing nothing and just lying around is bad.

No one should be bullied for their weight or food choices, but ‘fat pride’ promotes dangerous weight levels. Others will tell you that staying as you are is fine, that being “chubby” is ok and nothing to be ashamed of. However, while it is true that no matter what type of body or physical appearance you have, you shouldn’t be humiliated,  we cannot avoid the reality that It is not healthy to be “chubby”, but it is healthy to maintain a good physical shape, even if you are not within the normal weight range. Therefore, if you are obese, even if you can not lose weight, you should at least exercise. You can begin your journey to a healthy lifestyle by starting a fitness plan that is suitable for you, because what works for me might not be appropriate for you. For instance, I have scoliosis, therefore I excluded any exercise that will put a strain on my spine or back. I also avoid any weight lifting because it has the potential to be quite a damaging pastime for people with scoliosis. In my fitness routine I included my karate workout too, since I attended lessons before. Exercising has a bad side to it because it can turn very addicting. Consistent exercise stimulates the production of endorphins, which are hormones secreted by your pituitary gland to block pain, reduce anxiety, and create feelings of euphoric happiness. This makes a person feel depressed and stressed once they miss a day or two of exercising. It is true that too much is bad for your health, therefore in you fitness plan you have to include days in which you do not exercise. For instance, I do not exercise every Monday and Friday, I also give myself days of reprieve when an important event is happening or when me and my family are on a trip. Lastly you can also find hobbies like reading books, painting or even doing household chores like cleaning, folding clothes and cooking or baking to engage yourself with.

My fitness plan has me waking up at 3 am and starting at around 30 minutes later after eating a small portion of oatmeal and drinking water, because after waking up I’m always “tomguts” so I have to eat light food before exercising, since breakfast won’t be served until at around 7 am. I start off my exercise with stretching to prepare myself for the following exercises I’ll be doing. I have two workout plans that I do, each after the other namely my full body workout and my karate workout. Both workouts helps me burn calories, improve my blood circulation and digestive system. It also keeps me sharp all day long. During my workout I make sure to stay hydrated and never overdo any reps if I’m feeling off with the movement. It is important to stay safe within the boundaries of what you can do and not bite more than you can chew. My workout ends at about 6 am giving me enough time to rest, take a bath and prepare myself for the day. Exercising is very important in my lifestyle since I am prone to “binge” eating and exercising helps a lot in dealing with it.

As a conclusion, exercise is very important in staying healthy and fit resulting in a happy, productive and positive lifestyle. I highly implore you to start working out and making your own tailored fitness plan and exercise since it can be a wonderful part of your routine, more so nowadays when majority of us are staying indoors.