DEPED's distance learning program

The Department of Education (DEPED) forwarded the distance learning program in order to make sure that the students are safe and the continuity of education is ensured. Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic classes were suspended with regards to the mandatory community quarantine, which aims to safeguard the health and well-being of the students. The distance learning program have been modified in varying ways to fit the situation of some students. For instance, the students who can afford having an internet connection attends online classes. In comparison, the students who are having difficulties in affording online classes because of the costly internet or the absence of an appropriate gadget to use, have the option of having modules delivered to them or their parents picking up the modules from their respective schools. The distance learning program have much to improve when it comes to its effectiveness on the students retention of the lessons learned. Back when schools were still open, students were already having problems like not understanding the lessons or forgetting it. Understandably now that the communication between teachers and students are limited by the  use of technology, it gets harder for staff to learn. Therefore finding ways in which the students can learn more effectively and sufficiently is dependent on the teachers and the students drive to do better. Clearly, based on the state of our country, distance learning is the only way to ensure that the Filipino students can continue learning.