~Promise~ (Flashback)

(Check out shattering constellations by Blisopoppy )

Thirteen's (Colonial America) POV:

"Sweety, wake up it's time for your first day of Pre-k!" France said softly. I loved my mom's soothing voice, but when I heard the word 'Pre-k' I shot out of bed and started jumping around the room. "Calm down," said mom "You need to get dressed before meeting new kids." I nodded without hesitation and my mom went to get dress from the closet.

(Time skip)

After I got ready I went down stairs and saw Canada eating pancakes drowned in maple syrup and father sipping tea. "Good morning father and Maple" I greeted. "Good morning sweetheart." said Britain. "Morning Thirteeeeeeeeeeeeeen" chuckled Canada. I glared at him, he would always tease me with my name, but it's my name and I can't argue with that. I sat down next to Maple and ate my hot pancakes quickly. After I was done with breakfast I stared at the clock waiting to go to Pre-k.

After a few minutes father started to speak again, "Now before you two are sent off to Pre-K there will be a couple of rules. One, behave and follow the teacher's orders. Two, you are not to keep any secrets from me about school. And lastly, you are not to befriend Ukraine, Russia, and Germany. You are to hate them. Any questions?" "Father, why can't we be friends with those three kids?" Canada asked. Father glared at him and replied, "I will tell you two when your older. Any other questions?" We both shook our heads and Father continued speaking, "Good, now promise me that you follow the three rules." "We will!" We exclaimed. "Come on guys, lets go." France said. And we started to follow her to the car.

After a few minutes of driving we arrived at the Pre-K. "Alright guys we're here." mom said. We got out of the car and walked up to the front desk to ask where our class was. I started to stare at the school walls, there were drawings, pictures of students, and crafts. I felt a tap on my shoulder and realized I've been zooming of into space. "Come on, Third, you don't want to be late for the first day of class do you?" mom said. I heard Nada laugh at me, but I ignored him. "Sorry mom." I said looking down. "It's okay sweetheart, now let's go to your class, come on guys." Once we reached the classroom Canada and I said our goodbyes.

Canada looked like he was about to run back to mom so I pulled him with me to a group of kids that looked friendly. "Hi, my name is Thirteen and this is my brother Canada," I turned my head to look at him "H-hi..." he said shyly. "What are your names?" I said to the group. A person with cat ears spoke up, her flag has a red dot in the of white, "My name is Japan, this is Ukraine" she points at a person with red and blue running horizontally on her flag," these two are twins, South Korea and North Korea" I looked at the two, they didn't look like twins (obviously, one is a girl and a boy), one had mostly white and the other had mostly blue on their flags, "and last but not least this is Israel!" Israel looked like someone who would get beat up so I took a mental note to protect her. After we introduced each other we started talking. I noticed that Canada was only talking to Ukraine, 'he must like her' I thought.

At one point I caught myself looking at two boys, they seemed lonely. One had a fluffy hat and his flag colors where red with blue that runs vertically on the right side on his face. The other boy had glasses on, his flag colors were black, red and yellow that runs horizontally across his face. I looked back at my friend group, "I will be right back guys." they all nodded as a response so I made my way to the fluffy hatted person.

Russia's POV:
"Hey there, I'm Thirteen what's your name?" I looked up to where the sound was coming from and saw a girl with 13 red and white stripes with a blue box on the right side of her flag, 'she must be the one dad told me to avoid...' I thought. "Earth to...?" she said waving her hand in front of my face, "Russia..." I replied. She looked like she was thinking about something, but went on saying "Do you have any siblings? I have a brother named Canada, he is loves maple syrup." She pointed at a boy with a beaver hat and flag color of red with a blue box on the right side of his head, talking to my sister... "My sister is Ukraine and apparently she is talking to your brother." I answered. "Cool" she replied back. There was an awkward silence and I caught Thirteen looking at something really closely. "What/who are you staring at?" I asked. "Oh, there is this other kid, he looks lonely let's greet him!" she said pulling my arm. 'I WAS BEING DRAGGED BY A GIRL!!!'

Germany POV:

I stared at the two countries that were talking and I think the girl caught me staring at them so I turned my head to face the other group of countries. Suddenly I heard footsteps coming towards me and I got scared. "Hello, my name is Thirteen and this is Russia!" she exclaimed. I look back up at them, Thirteen was smiling and Russia was looking at the floor. "Hi... I'm G-germany..." I replied still scared. Thirteen gave me a reassuring smile and asked, "Do you have any siblings? I have a brother named Canada, I call him Maple for short. And Russia has a sister named Ukraine." "I don't have a sibling." I replied. "Well, what's it like without one." Russia said looking interested. After a few minutes of talking with the two Thirteen looked nervous. "What's wrong Thirteen?" I asked. "I- umm..." she said looking at her fingers.

No one's POV:

"Did we do something wrong? Are you mad at us?" asked Russia with a worried expression. "No, it's just that my father said I couldn't be friends with people named Russia, Germany and Ukraine." Thirteen said quietly. "My father said I couldn't be friend with you, Germany and Canada." said Russia. "My Mutter (Mother) said to not make friends with anyone" Germany replied. After a few minutes of staring out into space Thirteen spoke up, "Let's keep with friendship a secret, never tell our parents. Promise?"

"Promise..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

-Maple is Canada's nickname

-reedited 3 times now

-1135 words

Please tell me if you like this chapter ; - ;