Chapter 11

~One Week Later At The Park ~

Shadow P.O.V:

Everything seem to be ready for the picnic, there was a long table covering with a white tablecloth with a lot of food, cakes, sodas and wines too, all the kids went to play close to the lake as the other and I help them to prepare everything on the table.

Sonic arrive with a fruit statue of his Echidna friend face on a watermelon, I didn't know that he was also a sculptor too, it does look like him, Sonic all the kids to join for the lunch, everyone were at the table eating, talking and laughing , I watch them all and enjoy their small conversation about their memories of their childhoods, I don't remember having any family moment white the rest of my family when I was a kid.

This Knuckles guy talk about his new job at his new gym, the client look very satisfied, other of his friends talk about their new jobs except Sonic, he keep saying that he still searching a new one, faking his smile, I can't stop thinking about that night, I keep looking at him thinking how did he fake everything in front everyone?.

I saw this pink hedgehog sitting close to Sonic warping her arms around his making him uncomfortable he always look away and try to get away from her, this women start to really annoying me a lot I was about to say something to her until, I received a message from Silver about the painting, before I leave the table I give a little kiss on Sonic cheeks making him blush and pissing off the pink one, I went behind one of the trees and called him which he answered quickly.

Shadow: " hey I got you message, what's about those painting?"

Silver: " well Mr. Shadow, new I inquired with some professional in art, and just looking at them they were ready to pay 10,000 $ to 20,000$ !"

Shadow: " are you sure about that * shock tone and smile *"

Silver: " yes Mr. Shadow, they say they found that really unique and so expressive, it deserve he own gallery, they even want to meet him, but I told them he's not available right now"

Shadow: " you did great Silver, I'm gonna to tell him right now, he'll be glad to hear that * smile happily * "

Silver: " you seem very excited about it Mr. Shadow, but I've another new sir, it about your Father,  Mr. Doom * worry tone*"

Shadow: " what does he want * annoying tone*"

Silver: " well he come yesterday searching for you, he wanted to talk to you about a special subject and was wondering where you are?"

Shadow: " what did you tell him?"

Silver: " Well... I told him that you went to a unexpected and important reunion out of the city and I don't know when you'll come back, he seems very annoyed but This"

Shadow: " I see, I'll handle that thank for cover me, I own you that"

Silver: " no problem Mr. I only do what you ask ' to not let any of your member family know about it ', I'm gonna see more galleries if one of them are interested and offer a better prize for Mr. Sonic Work"

Shadow: " Thank Silver, tell me if you have anything interesting and if my dad ask you about me again, send me a message and I'll deal it, * hear some footstep coming close * I go to hang out we talk later "

I immediately hang out as a female person come closer to me, she was a bat women, and she look so familiar to me, I wonder where did I saw her? And more when?

???: " hey there handsome, remember me * smirk *"

Shadow: " not really but you do seem familiar to me, did we meet somewhere?"

???: " oh we did! 30 years ago, don't you remember the kindergarten, the Emerald's High School "

Shadow: " wait a minute, now that you say, I do remember having a bat friend,.... but I'm sorry I don't remember your name?"

???: " I give you a hint, my name's a color in French * friendly wink*"

Shadow: " a color in French?, .... wait a minute... Rouge !? Is that you !? * shock tone *"

Rouge: " long time no see handsome, i never thought that I'll see you again, you've got a lot to tell me"

I couldn't believe it, Rouge the bat my old friend back on the high school, I would never believe that I'll see her again oh gosh we have a lot to talk for sure, we talk about my life for a quite of time and she talk a little about hers but not all of it, as we talk I try to ask her what happened on her life, like how did she end up here? She was one of the smartest girl and the stronger one in the high school

Rouge: " well you see..., after you left to a private high School, think get really boring until Sonic arrive and become new popular dude, thank you him I wouldn't never meet his friend, who's now my fiancé *look at Knuckles and smile*, we make such a gang you know until the car accident, he wasn't the same anymore, all he live turn up side down, and because of that my parents changes my high school again"

Shadow: " wow and what happened to you after all that? Like what are you in this situation?, what's your job ?"

Rouge: " well... after graduating in college I manage to be a agent in your father Company G.U.N, everything went okay until your dad fired me for not reasons and when I try to find a job in other company they all refused, without Knuckles I don't know what will i do, he find a old bar to rent with all his economy he buy it for me, and now I own the big bar at the city center for now and to thank for all what he did for me I did the same thing and buy this gym for him, well for now own things will get better"

Wow, I was surprise to hear that, why did dad never told me about it? And why firing her? She was the best and strong girl in the high school, I feel like something fishy on this story, she ask me about me and Sonic and our relationship, of course I've to lie but she somehow don't believe me, I suddenly heard Sonic voice not far, I look behind and saw this Pink hedgehog standing and pining him on one of the tree, I felt my blood boiling I left Rouge walk toward her

" Why do I feel that way? "