Chapter 7~

Sofia pov~
  **Beep.. beep.. beep**, that was the first sound I heard once I woke up. Uggh, what was that sound?,So disturbing. I groaned as I tired opening my eyes but failed due to it being heavy, I tried again and it worked, but my eyes shut as quickly as it opened due to the brightness in the room. I opened my eyes successfully this time as I adjusted to the bright light in the room.

       I recognized the beeping sound and the IV and it dawned on me that I was in the hospital. But why though; last thing I remember was blacking out, oohh I guess the girls brought me here, I wonder what happened to me. I was interrupted from my train of thought by Nora voice, I hadn't even realized that they were present in the room.

    “Sofia, you're finally awake”. Nora said a little loudly as the tone of her voice woke up a sleeping Whitney.

     “Nora, what happened? Why'd you wake me up?” Whitney said a little irritated as she rubbed her eyes.

    “Whitney, Sofia woke up”, Nora said excitedly as she moved to my side and hugged me. “ Sofia, you're awake, thank God. I thought something horrible happened to you”. Whitney said as she rushed to the other side of the small hospital bed to hug me.

    I was so thankful to have such great people as my friends. I wonder what happened to me, maybe the doctor told them. “Uhh, did they say what was wrong?” I asked worried.

  “No, they haven't said anything yet”, Nora said, as she spoke those words, a young lady came in the room dressed in a doctor's coat so I'm guessing she was the doctor.

  “Hi ladies, sorry to interrupt but I came to check up on you. I'm Dr Melvin but you can call me Dr Samantha or sam.” The young and beautiful doctor spoke. She looked young like she was maybe in her late twenties or so, she is probably the same height as me as she looked so professional in her clothing and glasses.

    “Nice to meet you Dr Sam, I'm Sofia and these are my best friends, Nora and Whitney". I introduced myself and the girls respectively and they exchanged hi's and hello's. “Yeah, so doctor would you mind telling what exactly is wrong with me".

   I asked politely, “ Sofia, according to your chart here, it says that you were rushed in with due to vomiting and nausea. So we hooked you up on some IVs and took your blood sample and according to the results Sofia it says here that you are two weeks 'PREGNANT'”.

   The doctor said and I was beyond shocked, the word ' 'pregnant' kept ringing in my head. WHAT!!, How could I be pregnant?, I mean I know exactly how but I didn't want to be pregnant. And it dawned on me, did he even use protection?, I couldn't remember anything from that night. Obviously he didn't cause if he did, I wouldn't be here pregnant.

     Oh no what I'm I going to do about this, I'm just 19 soon to be 20 though, but I can't afford to have a baby right now I'm still in college. Abortion is definitely out of the picture, what am I going to tell my parents and how am I going to take care of a child. I don't even know how to find the father of the baby ohh what am I going to do now.

   I zoned out of the conversation taking place in the room thinking about my current situation. “Sophia are you okay?are you  listening to what the doctor is saying to you?”. Nora asked me with concern in her voice, “No I wasn't listening, sorry can you come again I thought I heard you say I was pregnant" I said with a nervous laugh.

    “Sofia you heard right you're pregnant" the doctor repeated to me. “what? No, I can't be pregnant,  no you're wrong, no I just can't be" I yelled as I sobbed uncontrollably. The doctor excused herself and said she will return later to discuss some things with us. “Sofia you have to calm down" Nora said as she rubbed my back and tried to comfort me,

   Whitney added as she rested my head on her shoulder “Sofia, Nora is right you have to calm down and not stress yourself". “I know but I can't be pregnant, what am I going to do I'm just 19 and I'm still in college ,what am I going to tell my parents . I don't even know the father of the baby. All this is stressing me out. What did I do to my self?”

      I said as I started sobbing again and the girls tried to comfort me. When I had calm down thirty minutes later the Doctor came in. “Sofia dear, I know this is a lot to take in but you must calm down. You can't give up, just try to relax and figure it step by step and everything will fall into place", Dr Sam advised me in a friendly manner. She tried to comfort me and I relaxed at her words.

     “Sofia, I don't need you stressing and in your current state it would be crucial for you. So I need you to try and be relaxed..." I cut the Dr off as my face scrunched up in confusion at her words then I realized that it was rude of me to interrupt her,“ I'm sorry for rudely cutting you off, but what do you mean by crucial state" I asked her calmly before as I listened to her explanation.

    “ Sofia, When we performed a blood test on you, we found out you have HG, HG means Hyperemesis Gravidarum. hyperemesis gravidarum is a case of severe morning sickness that is characterized by persistent nausea and vomit associated with weight loss. It's just like a normal morning sickness most women get when pregnant but is 1000 times worse and can occur through out the day. That explains you throwing up all day and not being able to put any food down. In worst cases, it last for the whole pregnancy and in these cases the women are hospitalized because not being able to eat without throwing up leads extreme weight loss which affect both mother and child so, when she is hospitalized, she is going to use IV fluids to sustain she and the child but in most cases it usually stops or reduces at 20 weeks . The symptoms are fatigue, weight loss, dizziness and loss of appetite. So you are going to have to eat in small portions and slowly not to trigger vomiting. HG can lead to you not being able to continue your daily work".

    Wow, as I listened to Dr Sam, I was beyond surprised and by the look on the girls face, I believe I was not the only one. This HG stuff is really a tough situation, I just hope mine isn't severe though. “So, Sofia do you understand everything I just said and do you have any questions to ask?” The doctor asked as I just stared dazed and still shocked from the new info I received.

     Whitney beat me to it and asked “What is the treatment for it or what can she do to stop it” Whitney asked the doctor while I  was still trying to accept the fact that I was pregnant and now I have HG. “ In order to alleviate this nausea and vomiting, the simplest changes are to eat more frequent, smaller meals and avoid foods or odors that trigger vomiting. Another lifestyle alteration is to decrease stress and get more rest throughout the day.”

     “Any more questions?”, as she asked this, my friends look at me and I tell the doctor that there is no more questions not that I asked any. “Well since that is all, I'll  ask a nurse to prescribe you your prenatal vitamins and remember to eat more and rest often. By the way, I'll be your OB/GYN and you'll be discharged as soon as your discharged from is signed. The nurse will do another general check up on you before your discharged. Have a nice day dear Sofia and take care. It was nice meeting you" Dr Samantha said as she smiled and leaved.

    I exhaled deeply and laid back as I closed my eyes and processed everything. “Sofia, I can't believe you're pregnant and I'm gonna be an aunt" Whitney squealed as she hugged me, I opened my eyes and smiled “Yeah, neither can I", I said lowly and not as excited as she was. Nora noticed my expressions and said, “Sof, like the doctor said, you need to relax and everything will fall into place” She said as she kissed my temple. I sighed and closed my eyes and drifted off.......

A/N; This is the round up of chapter 7. I hope you enjoy. Please leave your comment on Sofia and her current situation. Goodnight everyone😍😴