Chapter 28~

Sofia's POV~
I was quickly pulled into the car by Matteo, he looked confused by the situation.

"Matteo what's going on, who are these people?" I asked in panic.

He didn't reply but instead he hurriedly dialed someone on his phone while the shoot out continued as people were panicking and running for their lives.

"santi siamo stati aggrediti in ospedale, cosa sta succedendo?" Matteo said authoritatively in Italian, I had no idea what he said and who he was talking to.
{Santi we're being attacked at the hospital, what's going on?}

"CHE CAZZO VUOI CHE HANNO TROVATO LA NOSTRA POSIZIONE ATTUALE !!!" He yelled angrily at the other person while pulling his hair. I just looked at him in confusion and fear, I wondered what was going on. It seemed our car was bulletproofed because despite the safe place the driver tried to hide in, the car was still being shot at but the bullet didn't penetrate.
{WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN THEY FOUND OUR CURRENT LOCATION!!!}.

"Rispedisci immediatamente!" he said with authority and hung up on the person.
{Send back up immediately}.

"Sofia listen to me, the driver will take you home now and you will go straight to the bedroom until I return" he faced me and said with anger dripping from his voice but his anger wasn't directed towards me.

"Matteo what's going on? Who are this people and why are they attacking us?" I asked, I needed to know what was happening and who these people were.

"I can't explain to you right now but all I can say is this people are against me... I will leave now but I want you to listen what I just told you, stay safe" he said and was about to leave but I held his arm preventing him from leaving.

"Please don't go, I'm scared" I cried to him, still holding his arm.

He pulled me to his self and hugged me for some seconds before kissing my temple and leaving the car.

I turned around to inspect the area and saw that so many lifeless and injured bodies were on the ground. I gasped loudly and covered my mouth when I saw a pregnant lady shot at her back crying for help.

I moved to open the door to go help her but was stopped when the driver locked the doors and insisted that we leave. I assured that I would be back as soon as I get her to safety but he refused and drove off while I cried and cried.

*********
Immediately we arrived at the house, I hurriedly left the car to throw up at the nearby bush. I pushed myself up and quickly went to bedroom and locked it.

I pulled off the clothes I was wearing and rushed into the shower. I stayed in the shower for a while and came out feeling slightly better.

I wonder who those people were that attacked us. Did they have some kind of hostility towards Matteo? Or maybe it could be his rivals at work or something.

I didn't even know what kind of job he had, I knew he was very wealthy due to the fact that he could afford this luxurious lifestyle. Was he a billionaire or a CEO? I had no idea what his job was.

I just realized I knew absolutely nothing about Matteo except his name if that was his real name. I knew nothing about him yet he knew everything about my life and family family. What kind of person was he?