Chapter 21~

MATTEO POV~

After Sofia threatened to leave the car, I gave up and drove. I decided to let her calm down before I had a discussion with her so the drive to the house was completely silent.

When we arrived home, she quickly got down from the car then hurried into the house. I sighed and internally cursed myself while staring at her before moving into the mansion to my office.

As soon as I entered my office,I went towards the bar area, took my favorite drink then plopped down on my office seat. I filled my glass with the bottle of billionaire vodka. I emptied it at a go, immediately relaxing my tension.

I honestly didn't mean to pour out my frustrations at Sofia or mistreat her the way I'd been doing lately.

It's just that, I'd been stressed lately trying to balance both legal and illegal businesses, and personal life. It was just hard on me but what would I say, I put all these upon myself so I should at least be man enough to handle the consequences.

I and my men had been trying to pin down this anonymous gang that had been sending threat messages to us. My men thought that they were just petty threats and should be ignored but I know that no little gang would have enough balls to send threat messages to the most feared Italian American Mafia. I sent Santi undercover to get information as he was my most trusted man.

To top the icing on the cake, all these started the exact day that Sofia had the miscarriage. All in one day, I found out that a large some of money was missing from my company. So for the past week, I stayed at my home office trying to put things in order and also avoid Sofia so as to not stress her out more.

I really didn't blame her about the miscarriage, it was partly my fault because of the stupid argument we had and the pointless misunderstanding that leads to her getting angry. I tried my best to avoid her so I only come in the room when I'm sure she is asleep or using the restroom.

She tried convincing me to give her a phone so that she could contact her family but I refused mainly because of the threat message. I was only trying to protect my little family, after losing one I was devasted but I didn't even have time to grieve my loss before all these problems came.

In the hospital, I received a call informing me about the destruction of goods in my warehouse and how many of my men I lost. I was beyond angry so I decided to leave the premises and go wait on Sofia at the reception but then I saw her fasten her pace trying to catch up with me as the elevator door was about closing.

My mind was jumbled that I wasn't exactly thinking at that moment. When she managed to enter the elevator, she started her complaint and tantrums that I just couldn't take it.

All I tried to do was keep everything in order, trying to maintain my personal life and professional life and I really didn't need her to make me loose it.

I quickly exited the elevator when it opened and took long strides towards the parking lot. When we got in the car, the events that took place the past week took toll in my head that I just couldn't think straight; I was wondering if Santi could actually bring useful information about this infamous gang, how a large amount of money managed to vanish at the company ... I completely zoned out but only snapped back when I saw Sofia about to black out.

I tried explaining but she didn't see the need to acknowledge my apologies. I sighed and drove off.

Right now, I just needed a nice soothing bath because all these tension was really distracting me.

With the problem of that gang Santi had to report to me, while in two days I had to travel to settle things at the company. I'd been dreading the thought of going back to Sofia's home land giving her the opportunity to leave.

I couldn't afford to loose her not now that I managed to get hold of her. The challenges I was currently facing, the thought and sight of her kept me sane knowing fully well that she was here with me carrying my child. She might had not know what was going on in my life right now but all I want was to protect her.

I settled on letting her know that we were traveling in two days time. I couldn't keep her here all her life, I know it hadn't been a while she arrived here but it's not like she was leaving Italy for ever.

I stood up from my seat and decided to head over to the bedroom. It's been thirty minutes since we came back so I was guessing that was enough time to have relaxed.

When I got to my bedroom door, I knocked and proceeded to get in. She was laying flat on the bed staring directly at the ceiling with dried tears evidently on her cheeks.

"Sofia, I have to talk to you" I said softly trying not to anger her. She ignored me and continued staring at the ceiling as if it was the most fascinating thing in the world.

I walked towards the bed and sat on it creating distance between us.

"Sofia, I'm s..sorry for the way I've been treating you, I know you don't deserve any of these. It's just that I've been.." I tried to think of a way to say this to her because I don't normally share my problems with people, I deal with it alone no matter how difficult it was, that's how it has always been.

"Nevermind, I just want to let you know that we'll be traveling in two days" as soon as I said that, she sat quickly on the bed, her eyes lit with happiness and she smiled widely at me. That was the first time I had ever seen her smile.

"Really? Please don't tell me you're kidding me... I'm I really going back home to my family?" she asked excitedly but with little doubt in her eyes.

"Yes, but it only for a few days" I said killing her excitement. She frowned at me but nodded her head. I wanted to say more to her but I held back and stood up.

I left the bedroom with a sigh and went back to my office. As soon as I got to my office, my phone rang. I reached for my pocket to get it and immediately became curious once I saw it was Santi calling.

"Hai novità?" I said immediately I answered the call.
{Do you have any news?"

"Non ancora Matteo, questo è più difficile di quanto pensassimo. Sono davvero bravi a nascondersi." He said causing a frown to immediately appear on my face. As if I was not already pissed about everything going on, he called me telling me shit.
{Not yet Matteo, this is harder than we thought. They are really good at hiding}.

"CHE COSA VUOI DIRE CON QUESTO!! Ho bisogno che trovi un indizio o qualcosa del genere entro ventiquattr'ore. Non per niente siamo la più grande mafia" I growled loudly pacing back and forth into the phone giving him command.
{WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT!! I need you to find a clue or something within 24hrs. We are not the greatest mafia for nothing}

"Capisco Capo" {Understood Boss} He said making me hang up and throwing my phone on my desk.

What the hell!! That was something that only I could fix myself but that will only happen when return from settling things...

********

A/N ; Good day dear readers, I hope everyone is doing okay. This is the round up of chapter 21, please comment and vote on this and other chapters. Thanks ✌️😘💜❤️