Chapter 2

The tour of HANY's campus ended soon after 1-A's encounter with Dante, and as snow began to fall outside, Glacier led 1-A through the main school building.

The inside was just as rustic as it was on the outside, and the students that followed along after Glacier gazed upon the shined floors and intricate burgundy wallpaper as they traveled up a massive staircase. Several paintings lined the walls in the common area of the building, and large windows lit the dim corridor with natural light as they traveled toward the freshman classroom.

Once arriving, the kids were brought into a massive room. Those who made up the freshman class were already seated in auditorium-styled desks. Chatter broke out among the 1-A students as they filed into the room, and Glacier stood patiently beside the door until everyone was accounted for.

Courtney, who sat nearest the window on the furthest side of the room, sat back in her chair with her legs kicked up onto her desk. She stared silently among the heads of the Japanese students, and felt her brow twitch the longer they whispered among themselves.

"Quit it with that look," Dani Baker kicked Courtney's chair to get her attention. She had a thick Boston accent. "What's got you so sour?"

"She's been like that since we met the 1-A class in the theatre." Dante spoke without looking up from his phone.

Courtney shot a quiet scowl at the both of them. "This is just my face."

"Yeah, cuz it's normal for people to look like they're ready to commit a mass genocide," Dani frowned at her. "Lighten up for once in your life. Having the Japanese Hero Course here could be a lot of fun."

"Alright," the freshman home room teacher's voice, who had yet to be introduced herself, arose from her seat at her desk. "Settle down. Headmaster Glacier would like to commence the lesson."

"Good afternoon, everyone." Glacier greeted once she broke away from the doorway.

"Good afternoon, Headmaster." The freshman class replied in unison. 1-A remained silently in awe.

"The day we have long since been preparing for is finally upon us," the headmaster continued as she looked among her students. "I would like to formally introduce you all to Japan's Hero Course 1-A."

As Glacier spoke, HANY's freshman class stood from their seats with their hands behind their backs.

"Welcome to the US, class 1-A." They greeted in unison with a brief bow.

"So formal." Mina mused in a whisper as she leaned toward Kirishima, whom nodded silently in agreement.

"Take your seats," Glacier said as the home room teacher handed her a metal clipboard. "For the next month, the Japanese class will be learning among us to broaden their horizons of the Hero world, and vise versa. A buddy system will be implemented as a tactic for you all to learn from each other."

An eruption of excited chatter thus filled the room, and both ethnic groups proceeded to talk among themselves all while eyeing their opposing classes.

"Oh boy," Dani practically buzzed in her seat. "I wonder whose gonna be stuck with Courtney."

"Stuck with me?" Courtney shot her a warning scowl, to which she and Dante laughed at.

"Cut Court some slack," Dante grabbed Courtney's shoulders and gave her a shake. "She's really a teddy bear."

"Ah yes," Dani agreed. "A teddy bear with murder behind its eyes."