Chapter 1

November
Musutafu, Japan
___

Word spread like wildfire once the news of U.A.'s class 1-A being invited to the US for an abroad lesson of foreign heroics was announced. The class itself bustled with excitement after the announcement was made by their home room instructor, Shouta Aizawa, and he stood calmly for several straight minutes while his students' enthrallment with the idea of America circulated around the room.

He was given word by Principal Nezu of the invitation that was originally given to All Might by an old friend of his, who worked as Head Master — and as America's Number One Hero — of The Hero Academy of New York. He had told the school of their opportunity, and — given 1-A's already extensive experience in Hero Work — Nezu was quick to jump on the train for their one month excursion.

"What's the plan for when we get there?" Mina Ashido asked with her arm swinging in the air.

"When are we heading out?" Denki Kaminari soon followed. An ear-to-ear grin was plastered onto his face.

"I've always wanted to visit the US! I hear HANY's campus is huge!" Ejiro Kirishima had stars in his eyes.

"Settle down," Aizawa grumbled tiredly. "And listen up. Prep for the flight is already underway, so we should be set to leave by next week. As for when we arrive, America's top Hero, and principal of HANY, will be giving you all in depth training for the Pro leagues. Villainous activity is tripled there compared to Japan, so I'm sure she'll have plenty of ways to keep you all busy."

"Where will we be staying?" Uraraka Ochoco asked curiously.

"Glacier has set up an extra dormitory for things like this," Aizawa answered promptly. "On HANY campus, which means you'll be interacting with the students there, as well. I expect perfect behavior, as you'll be around these kids for a while until the trip is over."

"Oh wow," Ashido squealed. "I can't wait to meet them! And Glacier? She's a total baddie! I've read tons of news articles about her!"

"I wonder what kind of new Quirks we'll see!" Izuku Midoriya pondered as he tapped his chin.

"I'm sure you won't be disappointed," Aizawa said. He stepped into his yellow sleeping bag. "The top three students in their first year class rival that of U.A.'s Big Three."

All of class 1-A's jaws dropped simultaneously, and their ecstatic chatter sliced through the brief silence like a knife.

"Anyway," Aizawa rose his voice to be heard over the noise. "We'll spend the remainder of this week preparing for the trip. Class dismissed."

Chatter lingered among 1-A's students as they filed out of the classroom for the day, and Ashido had taken it upon herself to pull out her cell phone to get a look at HANY's first year students.

"Listen to this, guys!" Ashido tapped on Kirishima's shoulder as they walked the halls. "One of HANY's top three freshman is a guy named Dante Gibbs, and he's got a welding Quirk!"

Kirishima, followed by Kaminari at his left, peeked over the shorter girl's shoulder to get a look at her phone screen. What stared back at them was a photo of a light skinned boy, with long dreads hanging over his shoulders. Several piercings decorated his ears, and there was a small stud on his nose. Stubble sprinkled his face, and his dark eyebrows were thick. His eyes were an interesting shade of silver.