Chapter 3

After searching high and low for Bakugou, Courtney finally settled with wandering out into the blistering cold of the outdoors to see if he had wandered into the courtyard.

It was majorly empty all for the few HANY students that roamed campus, and she squinted through the steadily falling snow toward the lunch benches beside the cafeteria. Against the grainy air Courtney could make out a figure leaning against the stone wall of the lunch building, and puffed out a misty breath of air once making out the spiky head of blond hair.

She quickened her pace and shivered as she jogged through the courtyard, and was met with an unfriendly scowl once Bakugou noticed her approaching him.

"Of all the places to hide you chose outside where it's fucking freezing." Courtney's teeth chattered as she talked, and her comment made Bakugou roll his eyes.

"What the hell do you want, Pipsqueak?" He questioned harshly. He didn't look at her.

"I came to bring your sorry ass back inside," she said, matching his tone. "The Headmaster will be back soon to take you and your class to the dorms."

Bakugou made a 'tch'ing sound with his teeth. "Why should I care about that?"

Courtney gave him a exasperated look. "Do you plan on sleeping in the snow or some shit?"

Bakugou didn't respond, and instead offered her another irritated scowl. She frowned.

"Look," she said, sounding sheepish. "Dani shouldn't have made fun of you like that, but she didn't mean anything by it. So would you just come back inside with me already before I literally freeze to death?"

Bakugou's glare slowly turned into a frown, and he begrudgingly pushed himself off the wall he was leaning against to stand up straight.

"It's not even that cold out here," he jeered. "Quit being so dramatic."

"Me? Dramatic?" Courtney scoffed. "Whose the one who got their panties in a twist over being rightfully made fun of? Oh yeah. You."

"Would you shut the hell up about that already?" Bakugou pushed passed her. She irritably followed. "It's a sick ass name and both of you are just mad you didn't think of it first."

"Oh, right, totally pissed," Courtney rolled her eyes. "This is going to be the longest month of my life."

"Yeah, you're telling me," Bakugou grumbled, scratching his ear. "At this rate, your shrill voice is going to make me go deaf."

"I'd take being deaf over listening to your stupid ass scream all the time." She shot back.

"Whatever, Pinkie," Bakugou smirked and rolled his eyes. The ends of Courtney's ponytail lit ablaze much like how they did in the classroom. "Let's just go."

"What the hell is 'Pinkie' supposed to mean?" She spat and turned him by the shoulder to face her.

"Your cheeks," he clarified, annoyed, while pointing to his own. "They're pink. Dumbass."

Courtney clicked her tongue and shoved passed him. "Because it's cold, smart guy. Pick a better getaway spot next time."

Bakugou grumbled under his breath, but neglected to say anything further as he followed Courtney back into the main school building.

It was clear that — for the both of them — the upcoming month was not going to be a pleasant one.

__________

"The guest dorms you all will be staying in includes a kitchen, bathing area, restroom, and laundry room," Glacier said as she escorted Class 1-A toward the large dormitory building on the east end of HANY's campus. "As well as a completely stocked pantry. However, if you wish for any specific snack items, feel free to fill out one of the grocery forms attached to the refrigerator and the in-home house keeper will retrieve them for you."