Chapter six: New Allies

Hey guys welcome back to my story. Today I was able to write this chapter with all the free time I had today. Please continue your support so I can continue to write. I really a appreciate it, so now let's get into the story.

The next morning the four of them woke up at the same time and prepared to leave for Hammerlocke. They made it to the main entrance of the town after showing a Gym Staff their badges allowing them to enter. Once they got in they saw how big Hammerlocke was and made their way to the center. When they arrived they saw Bede and the Chairman talking.
"How is your challenge coming along Bede?" the Chairman asked.
"It is going great Chairman and I hope to make it to the finals." Bede said.
"That is good to hear and I hope you are finding Wishing Pieces as always?" the Chairman asked.
"Yes sir, I have found a bunch throughout the Wild Area." Bede said.
"Very good, I may continue my plan as usual." the Chairman said. He then looked to his left and saw the four walking up to him.
"Well hello you four welcome to Hammerlocke I can see you made it pass Kabu to get here as expected from the Champion's endorse and our Dark Gym Leader's sister." the Chairman said.
"Thank you sir, so what brings you here to Hammerlocke?" Hop asked.
"Well as some of you may know the Galar Gym's are built over power spots so we can Dynamax our Pokemon in battle and some of the energy is used to power our cities and towns. I'm here to make sure that the power doesn't overflow." the Chairman said.
"I understand." Hop said.
"Chairman it is time for your meeting." Oleana said.
"Oh already, please excuse me I have a meeting to attend, continue on to Stow-On-Side that is where the next battle, and like before the Gym here can only be challenged after beating the other Gym Leaders so good luck to you all and Bede I wish you good luck as well and be nice to these four." the Chairman said.
The Chairman left the group with his assistant to the meeting. The four just started at Bede who was staring right back at them.
"So I guess we can go to a restaurant and have lunch since we didn't eat breakfast." Victor suggested.
"Yeah that sounds good, I am so hungry." Hop said.
"Yeah let's go, Bede you coming along with us?" Gloria asked.
"I may come tag along with you all and you guys don't seem half bad." Bede said.
"Cool lets go." Victor said.
The five of them went around looking for a place to eat until they stumbled upon Charizard Burger and Grill which seemed like a good place to eat. They went inside and a waiter brought them to a table to be seated at. They looked at the menu to see what they offered and then a waiter came to their table.
"Hello and welcome to Charizard Burger and Grill may I take your order?" the waiter asked.
"Yes I would like to order the steak and fries with a cola." Hop said.
"I will order the steak burger with sweet potato fries and a lemonade." Bede said.
"I will have the chicken curry with water." Gloria said.
"I will take a hamburger steak with fries and a salad with cherry soda." Marnie asked.
"And I will order the triple patty bacon cheeseburger with fries and a lemon lime soda.
"Alright I will get those to you in a bit so please relax while I go get your drinks." the waiter said as he left the table. The food came out in a couple minutes and the five of them enjoyed their meal. After they finished eating they decided to chat with Bede to get to know him a bit.
"So Bede what is it that you want from your experience as a Gym Challenger?" Victor said.
"If I had to be honest I wanted to be a part of the Gym Challenge since the Chairman took me in as a kid and all I ever wanted to do was please him and as a way of thanking for taking care of me as a child. Listen I'm sorry for being a jerk at the mines. I was only caring about beating everyone and proving that the Chairman is better than our Champion, but you all don't seem to be that bad you are skilled and I acknowledge that." Bede said, bowing his head down.
"Look man water under the bridge, it's all good we are all on the same Gym Challenge so join us and we will make it to the finals as a team." Victor said, putting his hand out to Bede.
"Sure I wouldn't mind tagging along, it is better than walking alone." Bede said, taking Victor's hand.
"Good I say we should get going to Stow-On-Side before the day is over." Gloria said.
"Good call, lets go I am pumped up for the next battle." Hop said.
The five of them paid for their meal and headed out for Stow-On-Side. They went through Route 6 to get to the town. There were many trainers and wild Pokemon on this route, but that didn't stop the five from continuing their journey. At this point Victor had a full team with him, his Twackey evolved into a Rillaboom, Covisquire hadn't evolved yet, but he will soon, Drednaw was getting stronger, Centiskorch was also getting stronger, Toxel recently evolved into a Toxtricity, and Drakloak was still training, but he was able to battle for Victor a couple of times. Hop's team consisted of his newly evolved Inteleon, Corvisquire, Boltund, Dubwool, and recently caught Snorlax and Pincurchin. Gloria's team contained a newly evolved Cinderance, Dubwool, a newly evolved Obstagoon,and she got a sweets item from the local bakery in Hammerlocke and she was able to evolve her Milcery into an Alcreamie. Marnie at the moment still had Morpeko, Crogunk, Scrappy, and Purrloin on her team, but they looked like they were about to evolve soon. Bede's team consisted of Duosion, Gothorita, Galarian Ponyta, and Hattrem. The five made it to Stow-On-Side by the afternoon upon arriving they arrived at the Gym, however to their surprise the Gym was closed for the leaders day off. As the five tried to figure out what else to do Bea and Allister the two Gym Leader's of Stow-On-Side approached the five.
"Hello Gym Challengers welcome to the Stow-On-Side Gym, we decided to take the day off today, but feel free to explore the town until tomorrow when the Gym opens. And we also came to tell you that this will be a two on one battle, so choose your partner for tomorrow, however it is gonna be random, maybe one of you will challenge me or challenge Allister either way come prepared." Bea said to the challengers.
"Wait so we may not fight you, but fight Allister and vice versa?" Bede asked.
"That is c..correct, you will fight us at random." Allister said.
"I see, I guess we will train up tomorrow." Victor said.
"I'm looking forward to our battle with you four." Bea said.
"I am as well, you seem like tough challengers." Allister said.
The two left the Gym Challengers and headed elsewhere, while the four were still processing what they would do for tomorrow's battle.
"So let's pick who we want to battle with for tomorrow and then we can strategize from there." Victor said.
"Good idea, Victor you pick first since you may have a plan." Hop said.
"Okay sure." Victor said, thinking about who he was gonna pick.
"To be honest I want to pick Marnie, because I feel like we make a good team and her Pokemon may be more effective if we go against Allister's." Victor said.
"That is a no brainer that Victor would choose Marnie." Gloria said, smirking.
"Wh...whatever Gloria." Victor said, looking away.
"Thanks for choosing me to be your partner." Marnie said, trying to hide her blush.
"No problem I'm sure you would have picked me." Victor said, hiding his blush as well.
"So I guess that just leaves Hop and Bede will team up." Marnie said.
"That is fine by me. Hopefully we can pull off a win." Hop said.
"I will do my best not to let you down, but can you keep up with me." Bede said, jokingly.
The five had decided to train tomorrow morning before the battle. At this time the five were just touring around the time and looking at a mural that was at the top of a stairwell. They all booked rooms at a local Inn and decided that Marnie and Gloria would share a room, while the boys had their own room. For the rest of the day they were chatting and just relaxing before tomorrow. The battle was gonna be tough especially since they are going in blind not knowing which leader they will face off against. Bea specializes in Fighting Pokemon and is a skilled martial artist in Galar. Allister on the other hand uses Ghost Pokemon and there have been rumors that he can communicate with Ghost Pokemon and also the spirits of deceased Pokemon. Whatever the situation may be tomorrow they would plan a strategy for either scenario. All they could do was hope for the best.

Sorry if this chapter seemed short. So that's it for this chapter I felt that this was more of a filler but to the point where it does play a role for the story. Also this maybe the last upload for this week I'm going out of town this week to spend time with family. But hopefully I can get one more chapter out before than. Thank you so much for reading and please comment and share this story with people you know it really means a lot that you are all reading and enjoying the story. And comment if you want to see more in the future or ask me questions I will be sure to answer you. Until next time.