Chapter Twelve: Hammerlocke Gym

Hey, guys welcome back to the story I know it's been a very long time since the last update in November, but I'm back to post this story for y'all. I'm glad some of y'all reached out and asked me to continue this story and I want to let y'all know I will always continue this story and will not leave it to die. But do understand that I am a college student and time to think doesn't come around as much, but enough talk let's get to the story make sure you like, vote, and comment anything you want, but be friendly.

The battle with Piers was one of their most difficult battles. Having defeated Piers the five trainers continue their journey to the last Gym Leader and the strongest of them all, Raihan the Dragon Gym Leader. Raihan was the toughest Gym Leader in Galar, but he was their last step into entering the Champion league. The gang was heading west through the Route 9 tunnel and sure enough, they were back in Hammerlocke. They stopped by one of the cafes to eat at before they go into their hotel for the day. Each of them walked in and took a seat until a waitress came to them and took their orders.

"Hello and welcome to Alcremie and Swirly Cafe, what would you like to order?" The waitress asked them.

"Yes, can I order the personal pizza with a Cola?" Hop said.

"I will order the fried chicken with fries and a strawberry smoothie," Bede said.

"I will get the double bacon cheeseburger with fries and a lemon-lime," Victor said.

"I will order the Caesar salad with water," Marnie said.

"And I will have the same as her," Gloria said.

After the waitress took down their orders she headed for the kitchen. The gang started to talk about the strategy for their battle with Raihan. 

"Alright let us think smart about this, Raihan is a Dragon user so I can use Dragapult against him, but it could be difficult," Victor said. 

"I know for me I will use my Grimmsnarl against his dragons for sure," Marnie said.

"I will use all my Fairy Pokemon to their full power to overpower Raihan." Bede said.

"I'm not one hundred percent sure what I will use, but I'm sure when the time comes I will be able to beat him," Hop said.

As they were strategizing their plan, the waitress came back with their food and the five of them enjoyed their lunches and talking about anything that was on their mind. Once they had finished for the day they headed to their hotel to check in before going to the Wild Area to do some final training for their Pokemon.  Each of them had not only leveled up their Pokemon, but helped them evolve to their final form, and with a great passion, they were able to go against Raihan. After training, they went to their respective hotel rooms, with the boys in one room and the girls in another, to sleep for the night. However during the night while everyone was sleeping Victor had woken up from a dream and decided to head to the hotel's cafe for a late-night drink. He ordered a hot chocolate to help him sleep. While he was drinking, someone was watching him from behind the hotel's plant. As he finished drinking he decided to go outside and enjoy the night sky across the Wild Area that would be seen from the ledge of Hammerlocke. He stood there looking up at the starry sky. Out of the shadows came the figure who was watching him. 

"Hey Victor you alright?" asked the person.

Victor turned around to see who was talking to him and was surprised to see who it was.

"Oh... Marnie, what brings you here?" Victor asked.

"I should be asking you the same thing," Marnie responded.

"Well, I couldn't get much sleep so I decided to get a hot chocolate and watch the sky," Victor answered.

"Are you sure that's not the only reason?" Marnie questioned him as she stood beside him. 

Victor stood quiet for a few seconds before answering her, "Lately I've been having these dreams for a while and I'm not sure what it could mean.".

"What happens in your dreams?" Marnie asked him worriedly. 

"I see myself in the Slumbering Weld with the heavy fog around me and the same mysterious Pokemon I saw, and then all of sudden I see this darkness covering the sky. The next thing I knew I was in a completely new dimension." Victor answered her.

"That's very interesting Victor, but how do you feel about all of it?" Marnie asked him.

"To be honest I feel terrified about it, it was like seeing a future that has yet to come, but it feels like an unanswered question," Victor said as he continued to look up at the sky unaware that Marnie extended her hand to hold his hand.

"Victor I can see that you are scared and full of questions that you which to answer, but I'm sure the answer will reveal itself when the time comes," Marnie told him as they were holding hands looking at the star above.

"Marnie thank you," Victor said.

"Anytime Victor, but let's head back inside we have a big match tomorrow," Marnie said as she lead Victor back into the hotel.

They walked back hand in hand, as they were walking Victor looked back and saw a shooting star shoot across the sky. He decided to make a wish hoping for a victory with his friends. The next morning came and the five of them woke up and prepared for their battle. They approached the entrance of the Hammerlocke Gym where they registered for their match and headed to the locker room to change. Once they came out they headed to see Raihan waiting for them. 

"Hello Gym Challengers, welcome to the Hammerlocke Gym, I am Raihan the Dragon Gym Leader and your last Gym Leader before you can go against our champion. You have made it this far so I'm sure you are all very strong. This time you will fight me individually but with a perk, it will be a double battle. You will fight me with two Pokemon at a time as well as me so I hope you are ready to battle me." Raihan said as he went to his side of the field.

The four of them decided amongst themselves who would go first. They decided that Marnie would go first. Marnie entered the field and Raihan sent out his first two Pokemon, Flygon and Gigalith. Marnie sent out her Scrafty and Liepald out. The battle was tough for Marnie as her Pokemon were weakened by the sandstorm, but she pulled through until the end as Raihan sends out his ace Pokemon, Duraludon, and immediately Gigantimax it. Marnie was in a tough spot until she sent out her Grimmsnarl and Gigantimax it as well and before they knew it she won and Raihan congratulated her for it. As Marnie returned Bede stepped up and went onto the field for his battle.  As Bede's battle started it didn't take long for Bede's Pokemon to overpower Raihan's Pokemon and before he knew it he was only one Pokemon away from defeating Raihan. Raihan sent out his Duraludon that was Gigantimax and Bede used his Hatterene Gigantimax as well the battle was fierce and in the end, Bede took the win. Next was Hop, his strategy was more or less random, but his passion was very strong against Raihan. Sure enough, Hop was able to defeat him. Victor came to the field to have his battle. As the battle started Victor started off slightly rough with having his first two Pokemon knocked out. The battle continued until the last two Pokemon were left standing. Dragapult was able to defeat the Duraludon and Victor won his challenge. After they finished all of their battles Raihan approached the four of them.

"You four have really proved yourself since the start of your journey and I can see you are worthy of going against our Champion. Continue to grow strong and I'm sure one of you will be able to become the next Champion." Raihan said this to them as he handed each of the Dragon Badge completing their metals.

The four of them along with Gloria headed out of the Gym and went to the train station to go to the Champion's home, Wydon. As they settle into the train they were on their way to finishing what they had started those few weeks ago. Filled with determination and knowing that as a team and friends who have traveled together all this time, they would have to fight each other for one of them to go against the Champion. They knew they would be friends always, and this was only about to begin. 

And that is it for this story I hope you guys are enjoying this story and future chapters to come. I currently have some new ideas and inspiration for you guys and I can't wait to write about it to y'all. I also have other stories I want to write about so I hope you guys check them out when they are published. Please like, vote, and comment for new ideas or encouragement. Until next time see you!!