Chapter nine: Circhester

Hey guys welcome back to the story. I would like to apologize for not updating 2 weeks ago I was spending time with family and was exhausted from this past Easter break, I hope you guys understand. I'm back with my latest chapter and I hope you guys are still enjoying the story and I can't wait to write more for you guys. Let's get in with the story.

The next morning came and Victor was the first one up. He started to clean up his tent and get his stuff packed before the other woke up. He finished cleaning his tent and Marnie woke up next and saw Victor sitting at the table.
"Good morning Victor, you are up early." Marnie said, sitting down at the table.
"Morning Marnie, and yeah after last night's curry I just felt energized." Victor said.
"Do you think you have enough energy for the next Gym?" Marnie asked.
"I hope so because we are getting close to the finals and at this point we gotta keep going." Victor said.
"Well when we get to the finals I will be ready for you Victor." Marnie said.
"I will be ready by then Marnie." Victor said.
The two of them got lost in each other's eyes and felt the gaze between them. After a few minutes the other three broke the silence.
"Good morning, you two seem busy." Hop said, smirking.
"No we are not Hop." Victor said, avoiding eye contact.
"Whatever you say." Hop said.
"So are we ready to go to Circhester, I heard that there are hot springs."  Gloria said.
"Hot springs would be nice to go to after the battle." Bede said.
"Alright then let's get going." Hop said.
They finished packing all of their camping gear and continued down the route to Circhester. When they realized it was snowing they changed into their winter clothing that they bought and continued to the town. They arrived at Circhester and saw how beautiful the town is with all the snow everywhere. When they entered the town they saw Sonia at the Pokemon Center.
"Hey Hop, hey Victor, hey Gloria, how have you guys been it has been awhile since I saw you three leave for your journey." Sonia said, as she approached them.
"Hey Sonia it has been a long time and we have been doing good." Hop said.
"So who are you two here?" Sonia asked, looking at Marnie and Bede.
"Oh Sonia I would like you to meet our new friends, this is Marnie and this is Bede. Guys this is Sonia, a friend of ours back in Wedgehurst and the granddaughter of the Pokemon Professor." Victor introduced them to her.
"It is nice to meet you two, I've watched your matches and you Bede seem like a strong trainer." Sonia said, looking at Bede.
"Thank you so much." Bede said.
"And you are also strong and you work really well with Victor, is there something going on between you two?" Sonai asked, looking at Marnie and smirking.
"N...no there is nothing between us." Marnie said, as she was stuttering and hiding her blush.
"Anyways are you four prepared to go against the Gym?" Sonia asked.
"Ready as we'll ever be." Victor said.
"That is good to hear I should probably get going. I have a lot to see especially with the legend of the sword and shield." Sonia said, as she approached the door to leave.
"Wait what legend?" Gloria asked.
"It is the legend of the Darkest Day in Galar and the legend of a hero who saved the region, I will tell you guys about it when I have the information I'm looking for." Sonia said, as she left, but then came back in.
"Wait one more thing Marnie was it, take care of Victor." Sonia said, leaving the Pokemon Center.
Marnie started to blush very hard and she was hiding it from the other. The others were smirking and giggling at her, except for Victor who was hiding his blush.
"What do you guys think about Sonia.?" Gloria asked.
"She seems very nice." Bede answered.
"What about you Marnie?" Gloria asked.
"She is very friendly and kind." Marnie said.
"I guess we should heal up our Pokemon and get going to the Gym." Victor said.
The five of them healed up their Pokemon and bought some potions and revives just in case they need to use them for the battle. They left the Pokemon Center and decided to go to the local restaurant for lunch. They entered and took a seat for the five of them. The waitress came by and took their order before hedging to the kitchen to prepare their order. At this time Victor suggested a battle plan before they go into the Gym.
"So guys what should be our plan for the Gym?" Victor asked.
"Well from what I heard it is gonna be a four versus two battle, kinda like the one we had at Motostroke, but with two Gym Leaders." Marnie said.
"Alright well I know that Gordie uses Rock types, while Melony uses Ice types a very strong combo in my opinion." Hop said.
"Well I know for Hop you can use your Inteleon on Gordie's Rock Types, but if you go against Melony use your Yamper for her Lapras." Bede said.
"I think I will use my Drednaw for Gordie, but I may use my Toxicity for Melony." Victor said.
"I'm gonna use either my Toxicroak or my Scrafty for Melony or Gordie, because of the Fighting moves I have." Marnie said.
"That is good. I will probably use one of my Pokemon since I don't have a type advantage. I will just try to hit hard." Bede said.
"Sounds good, alright you guys we made it this far and no way we are backing down now, so let's pull a win today and we will be able to continue our journey to the Championship." Victor said.
The rest nodded at Victor and then their food came out. They all enjoyed eating their meal and after they paid, they headed to the Gym where Gordie and Melony were at the front.
"Hello challengers welcome to the Circhester Gym, I am Gordie, the Rock Gym Leader." Gordie said.
"And I am Melony, the Ice Gym Leader, welcome." Melony said.
"Thank you and it is a pleasure to meet you two." Gloria said.
"We are here to tell you that this battle will be different from your previous battles, for this Gym you will be a team of four, which you four are, and you will battle the two of us at the same time, but the twist is that we can use two Dynamax Pokemon, and you four will have to choose two trainers to Dynamax, sound interesting." Gordie said.
"That is gonna be a very tough battle for us." Hop said.
"For sure, but let us decide what we will plan." Bede said.
"You four decide and me and Gordie will prepare for the battle, we wish you four the best of luck." Melony said, as she and Gordie headed back into the Gym.
"Well lets see, Marnie you should use your Toxicroak or Scrafty to Dynamax, because they are both fighting and they have an advantage against both of their Pokemon." Victor said.
"Victor I think you should Dynamax as well, because you have Drednaw that should be able to defeat Gordie and with Water, we can protect ourselves from Water or Ice moves." Hop said.
"Alright, we have our plan, now let's go and beat this Gym." Bede said.
The five of them walked into the Gym lobby and registered themselves for the Gym battle. Gloria headed off to the stands wishing the four good luck. The other four headed to the locker room to get dressed into their Gym uniforms. They headed for the trial room, where they saw the platforms above a very deep hole. They were given their challenge for the trial, they were to get across the platforms using sensory devices to not fall down in the hole, if they fall they would have to start all over from the beginning. Each of them put on the sensory device and made their way through the platforms. They triggered some of the land to fall, but they were quick enough to get away from it before any of them fell. Hop accidently tripped over a rock causing Marnie to be pushed to a form that started to collapse, but before she could fall Victor caught her and pulled her up. After thanking him the four of them continued through the platforms, until they reached the end and they were able to relax for a bit before the Gym battle. They entered the Gym field and saw Gordie and Melony.
"You four are impressive together, but don't think the battle is over yet." Gordie said.
"Now let us see what you four can do together in battle." Melony said, as they went to their side of the arena to prepare for battle.
Gordie and Melony sent to Coalossal and Lapras to battle, and they both Gigantimax their Pokemon. Bede sent out his Hatterene, Hop sent out his Boltund, Victor sent out Drednaw, and Marnie sent out her Scrafty. Victor and Marnie both Dynamaxed their Pokemon and the battle begna. Hop got the advantage on Melony's Lapras, as with Victor and Marnie they had the advantage over Gordie's Coalossal. Gordie used Coalossal's G-Max move on them while using a ground move on Hop's Boltund causing it to lose three quarters of its health.The team was able to survive the attack, but then Melony used Lapras' G-Max move on them pushing the team into a corner with barely half of their health. Drednaw used its Max move on Gordie causing the Gigantimax Pokemon to burst into flame, leaving only Melony's Lapras to fight. Marnie used Toxicroak's Fighting Max move on the Lapras and the other three's Pokemon were able to finish the Lapras off causing it to burst into flames. The battle was over and the four were declared the winners. After Gordie and Melony got their Pokemon back they approached the four at the center of the field.
"You four were very strong out there and you were able to fight against two Gigantimax Pokemon, that isn't easy to do." Gordie said.
"You four are a great team together, and we present to you the Rock and Ice badge, we wish the best of luck on the rest of your journey." Melony said, as she and Gordie handed the four their badges.
The four accepted the badges and their league cards. After the crowd applauded they headed to the locker room to change back and saw Gloria waiting for them.
"Hey you guys did amazing out there." Gloria said, as she approached the four.
"Thanks Gloria, is anyone getting hungry?" Hop asked.
"Good idea let's go eat before we head to the next route." Bede said.
The five of them left the Gym and made their way to the Pokemon Center to heal their Pokemon and they decided to eat at the Pokemon Center Cafe. They each ordered a simple meal for the day, and after they finished eating they headed to Route Nine to get to Spikemurth for the next Gym. They were two badges short before the Championship and each of them were excited for it and they couldn't wait to fight against each other and hope to go against Champion Leon for the title.

And that is it for this chapter. I will do my next to have the next one by next week at the earliest. I hope you guys are still enjoying this story and thank you to everyone who put this story in their reading list it really means a lot to me that you and anyone else reading is enjoying my story. Also be on the look out for my AllisterxAcerola story that is coming soon. I will have that out hopefully next week as well. If you guys have any questions or you want to comment. Comment or DM me and I will be sure to get back to you. Until next time, see you later!!