5) Happenings

I honestly didn't know what to put for the title 😭✋ if anyone can think of a better one then I'm all ears

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Kou (Y/N)'s POV]

Ever since the fight on Cocoyashi village, things here have been peaceful. Sure, it's only been a few days but everyone is off doing their own things. Funny how things move so fast.

"Oi, Kou, can you help me for a second?" Usopp asked.

"Sure. What do you need help with?" I asked.

"I need you to hold this so I can input the ingredients very carefully for my new move. It's not yet perfect, but I'm doing my best!" He said. I just nodded and did what I could.

After he was finished, he said, "Thanks a lot Kou! Though, this isn't perfect yet. Sorry for having the powder explode on you..." He apologized.

"Don't worry about it Usopp. I can just shower real quick." I reassured him.

"Y'know, you're not like any of the other guys here Kou. I mean, we're all different in our own way, but you seem to help in any way you can. Thanks for being you, Kou." Usopp complimented.

"Well, I do what I can. It's only natural to do so. Well, at least in my opinion. Especially since I was no help with the last fight," I frowned a bit.

"Still salty I see..." I heard Zoro say out of nowhere. I could hear the smirk in his voice too. It startled me a bit.

"Oh fuck off Zoro! Of course, I am! I wanted to help Nami and I couldn't!" I said as I flipped him off and walked away.

As I walked away lost in my thoughts I smelled something good coming from the kitchen. The door had been slightly open, so I peeked through the crack and saw Sanji humming while cooking.

I entered the kitchen and pulled out a chair gently and sat down. Just spacing out while smelling the different scents. I had nothing better to do anyway. He didn't notice me though. He was too absorbed in cooking.

I liked being in the kitchen. The kitchen was my comfort place. The smells of the different seasonings and everything else. It was comforting to me but of course, it would be, I am also a cook.

"AHH!" I heard Sanji yell. "How long have you been sitting there? You startled me," he said.

"Mmm, not long. Why?" I asked.

"It's nothing. I was just curious." He replied.

"My intention wasn't to bother you to be clear. I simply wanted to be in the kitchen. It's my happy place." I explained and gave him a small smile.

"That's the case for us cooks. It's the place where we feel the best." Sanji said as he pulled a chair out for himself and sat backward on it while looking at me.

"Well... I'm not really a cook per se... It was only temporary until we found an actual cook. That would be you of course. I'm glad we did because it was really hard to cook so much for the captain. He eats a lot. I'm pretty sure you know that already though haha." I explained.

"You're as much of a cook as I am Kou. No matter how long you've been one. It makes no difference." He said while lighting up a cigarette.

"Thanks, but-" Sanji cut me off.

"No buts," Sanji said while pointing his finger at me.

"Alright, alright!" I sighed.

"Anyway, I should get back to cooking dinner." He got up and pushed the chair back in. "Nami-swan must be waiting for her lovely meal~!" He said with heart eyes.