a weird feeling (1)

Rae just ended stream feeling exhausted after streaming for 8 hours straight. She was so caught up ranking in Valorant that she didn't even take notice of the time.
"oh gosh i gotta get some dinner" she said while stretching from sitting in her chair for too long, then reaching for her phone.
She thought about ordering food for her roommates but remembered they went out for the night.
Rae sighed, staring at the ceiling, and couldn't help but feel so lonely.
"Since when did i feel so drained and alone?"
She checked her phone and was so tempted to call someone.
"who can i call at this time of the night.. everyone's probably asleep already.."
She scrolled through her contacts and stopped  when she saw "Sykkuno".
It had been a few days since she got to play with him.
"should i..? no i don't wanna bother him..but he's probably awake knowing him...? no but i shouldn't.." Rae thought to herself simultaneously and subconsciously pressed the call button.
Rae panicked and threw her phone to the side,
"fuckfuckfuckfuckfu-"

*beep*
"uh h-hello?"
"....hi..sykkuno.."
"uhm did you need anything?"
"oh nothing it's just... it's been awhile since i heard your voice haha.."
"oh y-yea.. i guess you're right. i guess you could say i kinda miss that nice voice of yours!"
"...SYKKU- ..yea i guess i kinda miss yours too."
Before they realised they talked almost all night.. just catching up with each other.

*time skip*

"well rae i think it's time for me to go now"
"o..oh okay uh"
"ya t-thanks for calling, it was fun catching up with you and all!"
"yeah..no problem. thanks for keeping me company for the night!"
"mhm, night rae."
*beep*

Rae POV
I thought it would end like any other normal call.. but why do i suddenly feel.. even lonelier than before? what the fuck is wrong with me today. Why did Sykkuno... seemed more attractive to me? WOAH WHAT AM I THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW??? he's.. he's just a friend right? a close friend.. a BROTHER! right..? why does it feel weird to say that now? His voice seemed so soothing to hear all night, like all my problems just vanished every time he talked to me. why do i feel so weird when he laughs at my dumb jokes and doings? and.. since when did my name had a nice ring to it.. only when he said it..?

Rae was in straight confusion with her own thoughts and feelings, leaving it harder for her to rest well that night.

Sorry for the short chapter!!! it's my first ever story so bear with me !!