a weird feeling (2)

•[ a self-conscious feeling]•

Some time has passed and Rae is still confused about her feelings towards Sykkuno.
Ever since the first time she's considered possibly seeing Sykkuno in a different way than just a close friend, she's told her roommates about it.

Janet : hmm.. maybe you just haven't talked to him in awhile that it made you feel that way? 🤔

Celine : i never would have thought you would feel such a way towards him o.O 🤭

Imane : lol you like him don't you 😏

They were clearly not much help for Rae to actually confirm anything. Ever since that night, they went back to playing games as per usual, but Rae was so caught off guard most of the time. It didn't help that Poki was always teasing her about it, leaving chat all confused to why Rae gets flustered all the time Sykkuno's name was mentioned.

It also didn't help that Sykkuno always teased her about questionable things like "sharing a paopu fruit together" and "saying it's a miracle when they can rank together in Valorant". It made her feel happy yet a bit disappointed considering he doesn't actually mean anything by them. Sykkuno has always joked and "simped" for Rae so it was something normal for him to tease Rae all the time. Little did Sykkuno know that Rae was feeling something from it. Rae had to just play it cool and act monotonous or go with the lines of "the audacity-" when he says anything "weird".

FAST FOWARD >>

OTV members invited Rae, Sykkuno, Peter, Leslie and a bunch of their close friends over to film an OTV video with them.
This was Rae and Sykkuno's first time meeting after a while, especially after he moved to Las Vegas. Rae was excited to see her close friend after so long but was so nervous at the same time because of..well... those.. "weird feelings". Her roommates assured her it would be okay and that her true feelings would be confirmed once she sees him in person again.

Rae POV

Why can't i just act normal already? I've been so concerned about what i'm gonna wear for the past 2 hours! It's just Sykkuno and all my other friends for goodness sake!

Imane : Rae, you good? (peeping in through my room)

Rae : not at all, Imane what the fuck should i wear? (throwing random clothes out of my closet onto the bed)

Imane : uh..Rae? It's just our friends.. just wear whatever.

Rae : ugh you're no help Imane!! (shoving my face into my pillow)

Imane : ohh.. ahem, uh Rae if you're talking about Sykkuno, i bet he would think you'd look good in anything so you don't gotta worry about it. (smirks and leaves the room)

Sigh.. i hate this feeling of self consciousness.
it's all your fault.