routine change...(doctor au)

In a quaint mansion, Yorkshire,  there were two human beings cuddled tight in their embrace, one in deep sleep and the other listening to his steady heartbeat.

(A/N forgive this author she had lost her brain cells and didn't know how to start)

The male slowly opened his eyes and looked down at his woman "Good day Merlyn" he whispers softly making her look up, she smiles happily at him and pulled herself up to sit ontop him "Morning dearest, Gwaine" she leans down and kissed him sweetly.

This was part of their routine, They'd wake up, go to work, he'd stop by her workplace at lunch, go to the mall for wanton soup, go back to work, after he'd wait on her to close up, then they'd go to her parents house for family dinner and finally go home...

That routine was gonna change, soon, because there's something that they wanted since they married, Children. But since being a cancer doctor and trauma doctor, they both didn't have the time.

Merlyn was in their kitchen making breakfast when she first felt a wave of nausea hit her, she places the egg into the crate and ran to the bathroom, she started throwing up.

Gwaine heard her and made his way to the bathroom, he leans in the doorway and watched her silently until she finished "That's the third time this week" she rinsed her mouth and looked at him " It all came negative..." she says sadly "It's probably the flu"

He takes her hand "You know they malfunction...how about taking the day off? I can call to make an appointment...and we can cuddle...watch some movies..." she pulls her hand away "Gwaine...Believe me when I say I'll be fine..." she sat down on the toilet and looked up at him "I don't want Arthur to be distressed"

"Merls...Arthur will be fine without you for one day..." he kneels down "You worry for others but not yourself"

She sighs and nods "okay, let's take that day off" she smiles seeing him grin happily, he pecks her lips "I'll make breakfast" he stood up and bounced to the kitchen.

Merlyn leaned back and sighs, her stomach made backflips, she sighs and hugged herself hoping her sickness was caused by a pregnancy.

Meanwhile Gwaine had finished making breakfast, he was happy...he finally had a day alone with his wife again...ever since their miscarriage, his merls had thrown herself into late nights, doubles shifts and paperwork, it was not easy being  deputy medical director and head of the oncology ward, this he knew yet they always still had time to just stay quiet in one place most importantly stay quiet in one place together.

Merlyn wraps her arms around him "what are you thinking of?" She asks innocently, her husband was one not to get lost in her thoughts, in fact, he'd say what was on his mind. He pulled her infront him "I was thinking...about what movies to watch"

She kissed him deeply "let me see...I wanna watch...the princess bride..." she giggled lightly and wrapped her arms around his neck, he laughed "You loved that show..." she grins "Then...a musical...Chicago, and we have to catch up with doctors!" he laughed again and kissed her passionately and smiles "Your wish is my command" he put his hand on her stomach and kissed her again "Breakfast"

After a haughty breakfast and some movies in their mini theatre...They spent the rest of their day catching up on some sleep.

The next day, Gwaine carried Merlin to his private hospital, University, he never understood why she'd rather work at New Yorkshire public hospital, he watched how she automatically fit in with the Doctors that worked here, even the interns asked her for directions, he watched how she blushed deeply and looked at him for help.

"Hello Iggy! Here's my recommended patient! Ms.Ambrosius-Gawain" he says making his co-worker look up from his files "Oh! This is your wife? She's lovely!" He smiles "My name is Ignatius Coleman, you can call me Iggy!" Merlyn smiles pleasantly "Oh, nice to meet you, I'm Merlyn!" She shakes his hand.

They sat in the doctor's lounge waiting for the results. Gwaine tried his best to distract her from thinking too much, he can see in her eyes that pain.

The results came back positive, Oh...they screamed in joy, Merlyn was excited, she rubbed her stomach happily "yes..." she whispers, Gwaine gave her a toothy grin "It seems as though we have to change up our routine" she swatted him "What do you have in mind?"