𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 ¹¹

[ In a swift motion the red-haired demon picked up his phone, putting it in of the pockets of his blazer, and quickly grabbed her wrist, lightly tugging on it, "We need to go, doll

[ In a swift motion the red-haired demon picked up his phone, putting it in of the pockets of his blazer, and quickly grabbed her wrist, lightly tugging on it, "We need to go, doll." ]

Abaddon's mind went blank after she heard that sentence spill out from Crowley's lips. It took everything for her to not just stand there in shock and actually run behind him. He opened the passenger door to his car so she would enter it quickly and ran to the other side. Rethinking what he had said minutes before over and over, the car came to a stop and she somehow ended in front of Aziraphale's antique bookshop.

Her smile quickly faded from her face as she looked up and then, rapidly towards Crowley. The remains of his laughter no longer could be found on his face and his angry and serious façade was now present. He got out of the car quickly and she did the same, rain now making their hair and clothes wet, making a big contrast with the flames that were coming out of the big bookshop's windows.

"Are you the owner of this establishment?" Abaddon turned her head to look at the firefighter who asked the question as she stood beside the car.

"Do I look like I run a bookshop?" Crowley snapped back while walking towards the door and snapping his fingers to open it right before he reached it.

The blue-haired demon ran; not to stop him, she knew that he was decided and not even Satan could when he got that way, but to make sure he didn't get discorporated. She didn't know where the need to be there for him had come from, but she just knew that she had to.

"Aziraphale!" Crowley walked around what used to be the entry of the bookshop, now covered in ash, scattered books, and small, burnt pieces of paper, "Aziraphale, where the Heaven are you, you idiot?" he turned to her, "Help me find him."

Abaddon knew it was useless, if the angel hadn't stopped the fire from eating alive the bookshop he loved so much, something really bad had to happen to him. It did pain her to hear Crowley's cries for his best friend.

A sudden splash of water, probably coming from the hoses the firefighters were using, broke through a window and hit the red-haired demon; making him fall forcefully to the floor and shatter his glasses.

"Crowley!" she called as she walked to him and kneeled to make sure he was okay, getting his attention as he sat up, "Aziraphale is clearly not here, we should go."

In a sudden movement, he grabbed both of her arms and pushed her towards him, in some sort of awkward hug. With his head buried between her shoulder and her neck, he muttered barely audible words, "Somebody killed my best friend."

Abaddon did not like physical attention, and she knew that neither did Crowley. Demons shouldn't and were not made to hug and comfort other beings but demons also shouldn't help each other that much, demons shouldn't be involved with angels and demons shouldn't work against Armageddon. But they were doing all of it anyways.

The sound of what seemed to be a piece of wood falling to the floor near them (probably one of the higher bookshelves) made Abaddon turn her head towards the floor, catching a glimpse of a book right by her side. "The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter", the letters on the cover were barely readable by now, the book almost burned to nothing.

Noticing her movement, Crowley took his head off of the crook of her neck and also looked in that direction, his face turning quickly from sadness and grief to anger.

Abaddon stood up and he did too only a few seconds after, putting his cracked sunglasses on. She was the first to head for the exit, the other demon following her closely, almost by her side. The big wooden doors opened as she snapped her fingers and they both got out, the sounds of the firemen shouting flooding their ears. The blue-haired demon looked towards the red-haired one as he apparently decided that his glasses were of no use like that and threw them away on the sidewalk, not wasting a minute as he strutted towards his old car, Abaddon following him.