𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 ¹

London, Soho - 2007

London, Soho - 2007

Abaddon entered the bookshop taking her earphones off. She looked around for the demon who had called her a few hours before but the place looked deserted. So she decided to look in the back of the shop. Two voices could be heard from there while she was approaching.

"My point is–, my point is... dolphins. That's my point." Crowley's slurring voice made a few pauses between words. "Big brains. The size of- damn, big brains."

Abaddon stood there, leaning on one of the shelves with her arms crossed, enjoying the performance that those two drunk celestial beings were giving her, smiling. She decided to come out of the shadows, still with her arms crossed and a small smile.

Aziraphale was the one who saw her first, he was facing the door. His eyes opened even more with surprise and his grip on the bottle in his hand tightened.

"It's not their fault, and it's the same with gorillas... Wha– what are you looking a–?" the demon turned in his seat to look behind him, where Abaddon was standing.

She waved at him once as he stood up.

"Abaddon."

"Crowley." she greeted him in the same manner, unlike how the rest of the demons would greet each other. "I thought you said that it was an important topic, I didn't expect this to be a drinking party."

"When have you turned so serious?" Aziraphale watched the conversation between the two demons taking a few sips from the bottle in his hand.

"Sober up, both of you." she watched as the angel and the demon sobered up almost instantly and the bottles were magically refilled.

"I– we need your help."

"Crowley, you know I can't help you, I've done enough by not telling anyone downstairs that you've been spending thousands of years with an angel. You can't–."

"It's about Armageddon." he spoke bluntly, "We want to stop it."

"I can't do anything about it, it's supposed to happen."

"Sorry to interrupt," Aziraphale almost whispered, not wanting to disturb either of the demons, "but I already told you, Crowley, that I am not going to help you either with this plan of yours, it goes against what the Almighty orders."

Crowley explained his plan to Aziraphale and how it would make sense if the angel did his job contradicting the effects of the demon. Abaddon zoned out during almost the whole explanation.

"It'd be bad if someone made sure that I failed." assured the red-haired demon.

"Okay, fine," Abaddon interrupted their conversation, "but how does that benefit me?

"It wouldn't be bad for your reputation, and you owe me one from Rome." Crowley pointed out.

The female demon rolled her eyes at the statement, she didn't expect he would remember it, after all, it was a long time ago.

"Fine, I'm in." Abaddon finally agreed.

Crowley smiled and shook both, the angel's and the other demon's hands, as a way of sealing their deal.

✸.¸¸.✸'¯'✸.¸¸.✸'¯'✸.¸¸.✸

2012

Crowley walked up to the big house dressed as a nanny and, just a few moments later, Aziraphale walked through the backdoor dressed as a gardener. Abaddon just watched from a tree in her raven form, not wanting to be involved more than that (Crowley also knew better than to try to convince her to dress up).

She kept watching from afar as the years went by and both, demon and angel, stayed true to their deal and played each of their roles as guides for the kid, Warlock, who seemed to be balancing evil and good influences properly in the eyes of the three divine creatures.

✸.¸¸.✸'¯'✸.¸¸.✸'¯'✸.¸¸.✸

The three beings entered the building, Abaddon first, the other two behind. Both demons took the stairs on the left, heading to Hell; the angel took the ones on the right, heading to Heaven. 

Abaddon hadn't gone there to inform head office about the progress they were making with the kid, the other demons didn't even know that she was involved in that plan with Crowley. Who was she going to lie to? The other demons hated her and she knew it. She was one of Lucifer's favourites, everyone knew, so when she was walking in front of Crowley, towards the room where they would meet with the other demons, she kept in mind that they were only greeting her with small salutes out of respect because of her ranking, not because they liked her.

Don't get her wrong, she didn't care. After all, she was a demon, they shouldn't care but a sense of relief got to her when she realized many centuries ago that Crowley kind of liked her, not in a romantic way (at least that's what she thought) but more of like a friendly way.

"They don't suspect a thing." was the first thing she heard when she concentrated on the conversation that was happening in front of her, between Crowley and Beelzebub, but she was just looking at Crowley and that smirk that appeared on his face when he finished that sentence.

✸.¸¸.✸'¯'✸.¸¸.✸'¯'✸.¸¸.✸

Abaddon was already sitting in the bus looking out the window, watching the humans walk by; with Aziraphale in the row in front of her, a newspaper in his hands.

"What do you think about the boy?" Aziraphale asked, eyes still glued onto the newspaper but paying attention to the woman behind him, who turned to look at him, raising her eyebrows.

"Well, I think that you two are doing a mildly satisfying job, doesn't seem like he's really hateful," Abbadon answered as she watched Crowley come towards them and take a sit by her side, "he also doesn't seem to be entirely kind, so that's great."

She then turned towards the angel, who gave her a little "hmm", agreeing with her.

"Only six years left to go."

"Doesn't that sound soothing?" a slight smirk appeared on Abaddon's face when she said those sarcastic words, turning her face to the other demon.

"Crowley, if the kid comes into his full power, how do we stop it?" the angel asked folding his newspaper. The question made Abaddon switch her attention from the demon to the angel and back to the demon.

"I'm sure it won't come to that." the red-haired demon answered, voicing out loud what the three of them hoped would happen.