𝑳𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒐𝒏

St

St. James's Park, London - 1862

Abaddon could see the two eternal beings already talking by the lake. She wasn't actually invited to their little reunion, but since when did demons care?

"This is something else," she heard Crowley speak, not even turning to look at the angel who stood by his side, "for if it all goes pear-shaped."

Aziraphale mumbled something she didn't catch as she approached them.

"I wrote it down, walls have ears. Well, not walls, trees have ears." he gave the angel a piece of paper with some words scribbled on it. "Ducks have ears, do ducks have ears?"

The demon turned to her as she stood by his side and looked her up and down, a movement she could see even though he was wearing his sunglasses to cover his yellow eyes.

She looked good in that corset and the maroon long dress she was wearing complimented well her dark blue hair and her pale complexion.

Crowley didn't look too bad himself, except for his top hat, but fashion trends were questionable in any time period.

"Out of the question.'' Neither of them noticed the worried look Aziraphale was giving the red haired demon until he started talking.

"Why not?" Abaddon took it upon herself to snatch the paper out of the angel's hands and read it.

The scribbled words on the paper spelled "holy water" and she re-read them several times to make sure she was looking at it correctly.

"I'm not bringing you a suicide pill, Crowley."

"That's not what i want it for, just insurance." Crowley took the paper from the girls hand and returned it to Aziraphale's.

"I do not think there's any point in discussing it further." the angel began to walk away.

"I don't need you.'' The sour words left the demon's mouth as Abaddon just watched everything unfold.

"Well, and the feeling is mutual, obviously.'' Those were the last words heard from Aziraphale as he turned to the demons and threw the piece of paper into the lake.

"Obviously." Crowley mocked.

"What do you really want it for?" Abaddon asked after a brief silence as they watched the paper burn in the middle of the lake.