𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 ¹³

[ "Okay," she snapped her fingers two times in front of the other demon's face, "sober up

[ "Okay," she snapped her fingers two times in front of the other demon's face, "sober up. You need to drive us there." ]

M25, London - 1 hour and 43 minutes to the end of the world

"A fucking traffic jam, you have to be kidding me." Abaddon grunted, annoyed with the number of cars she saw not moving in front of them and even more annoyed with the ones she couldn't reach to see.

The radio broadcasted the obvious, "And it's official, this is the biggest traffic jam in England's history."

"Why?" Crowley let out a short growl, thinking out loud.

"I'm sure that it has something to do with your design of this stupid road." 

"It does no-." the red-haired demon reproached.

"Motorists are being advised to avoid the M25 London orbital motorway because, in the words of Transportation Department spokesman, "It's on fire or something."" a lady on the radio stated, interrupting Crowley.

"Oh, it absolutely does!" a sarcastic laugh fell from her lips as she shook her head, not quite believing what was happening.

"Right. The M25 is now an impassable burning ring of infernal fire, and it's my fault." he annoyingly murmured and swerved so they could pass the cars in front of them.

✸.¸¸.✸'¯'✸.¸¸.✸'¯'✸.¸¸.✸

"Come on. There must be a way across it." he turned to her and pointed to the book on her lap, "Search "burning roads", maybe Agnes predicted this."

A click made Abaddon lift her head from the book and stop searching through the pages trying to find something that connected everything that was happening. She turned her head, in the backseat, with Crowley's cracked glasses in his hands, Hastur spoke, "You'll never escape London. Nothing can."

"Hastur, how was your time in voicemail?" Crowley's mocking question made Abaddon laugh slightly and bit her lip so she wouldn't make any noise to annoy her fellow demon anymore.

"Joke all you like, Crowley. There's nowhere to run."

"Aren't you to be lining up, ready for battle around now?"

"Hell will not forget, hell will not forgive." Abaddon closed the book and looked at Crowley who was staring at the fire with his now uncovered eyes, ignoring Hastur's monologue, "You know where the real Antichrist is, don't you? You two are done. Think you're going to get across that? There's nowhere to go."

The red-haired demon stepped on the gas pedal, towards the wall of fire, "Let's find out."

Hastur stuttered, unsure of why Crowley was driving straight into the fire and Abaddon was feeling the same way, but in silence, one of her hands grabbing the dashboard so hard her knuckles were turning white, the other grabbing her own thigh not as tightly, and her mouth opened slightly as she looked at the rapidly approaching fire.

"You know the thing I like best about time, is that every day it takes us further away from the 14th century." the demon that was driving started rambling about the creation of cars while they were getting closer and Hastur was just begging him to stop.

"Crowley, I don't think this is a good idea." Abaddon's eyes stopped fixating on the fire ahead and looked at the demon she was speaking to.

Crowley looked back at her, "Don't worry, love.", he reassured her and then they both turned to look at the fire ahead.

Right before entering the wall of fire, Abaddon felt Crowley's closest hand to her on top of the one she had on her thigh. He gave her hand a little squeeze, a manic smile plastered on his face.

Abaddon could feel the heat seeping through the metal and the leather of the car and making the material stick to her skin and burn her. If they were humans, they would surely be dead by now, but something about Crowley made the car not fall apart, at least completely. Hastur's blabbering turned into a shriek and then just silence. After what seemed to be a lifetime, they got out of the wall of fire. The blue-haired demon was shaking but Crowley's hold on her hand was still there, Hastur was now dead and the Bentley was literally on fire.