𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 ³

[ "Wrong boy

[ "Wrong boy." the three of them sighed at the same time. ]

London, Soho - Wednesday

"Armageddon is days away, and we've lost the Antichrist. Why did the powers of Hell have to drag me into this anyway?" Crowley's elbow was propped up on the table in front of him, his forehead resting on his hand as Aziraphale poured a few drinks and Abaddon just watched them with her arms crossed, sitting nearby.

"Well, don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure it's because of those memos you kept sending them, saying how amazingly well you were doing."

"Is it my fault they never check up? I'm to blame they never check-up?" Crowley let out an exasperated sigh after answering the angel, "Everyone stretches the truth a bit in memos to head office, you know that."

Abaddon spoke for the first time since they had gotten there, muttering under her breath, "If you didn't, I wouldn't have been thrown into this mess." 

"Yes, but you told them you invented the Spanish Inquisition and started the Second World War," Aziraphale's words were soaked in sarcasm as he faced Crowley.

"You took credit for that? You're kidding," the blue-haired demon scoffed and looked at the other demon, narrowing her eyes, "the Spanish Inquisition was my second proudest achievement after the Black Plague."

The two eternal beings kept rambling on until a chill ran down Abaddon's spine, she and Crowley locked eyes immediately.

"Something's changed." the red-haired demon sniffed the air as the woman shifted slightly in her chair, uncomfortable.

"Oh, it's a new cologne, my barber suggested⎯."

"Not you, I know what you smell like." Crowley dismissed Aziraphale's comment and turned his piercing gaze to the other demon in the room.

"The Hell Hound has found its master." the woman blurted out quickly looking away and then looking back at Crowley, after exteriorizing what they both were thinking.

Aziraphale put the glass he was drinking from on the table and pushed it away, "Are you sure?"

"I felt it. Did you?" it was the red-haired demon's turn to ask a question now, to which the woman just answered nodding her head, "Would we lie to you?"

"Well, obviously. You are demons, that's what you do."

"We're not lying. The boy, wherever he is, has the dog. He's named it. It's done. He's coming into his power." Crowley leaned backwards on his chair, pondering, "We're doomed."

"We are so fucked, I don't want to spend eternity with you two," Abaddon complained to herself, her thumb and pointer finger pinching her nose bridge as she let out a small sigh.

Aziraphale's voice came out in a frightened whisper, "Well then, welcome to the end times." 

✸.¸¸.✸'¯'✸.¸¸.✸'¯'✸.¸¸ .✸

Soho, London - Thursday • Two days to the end of the world

Abaddon had been sitting in the big office chair Crowley had in his apartment for a little over 15 minutes. The blinds weren't completely drawn so she watched the streets of London from the large windows of the apartment, her legs crossed over each other and propped up on the desk in front of her comfortably.

Determined footsteps quickly approached the room she was in, she looked at the moving wall that simulated a rotating door which spun after the demon lightly pushed it to let him get into the room. He strutted directly to the phone on the desk ignoring Abaddon's presence.

"What are you doing here?" Crowley asked, not even looking at her, his gaze fixed on the object before him.

"The weekly check-up is coming up, if we don't say the same things about the kid, we will be in trouble. So I'm here to make sure you don't say anything too stupid."

The red-haired demon scoffed at the answer, leaning on his black desk with his hands behind his back before he snapped his fingers, and turned on the TV. Abaddon immediately shifted her focus to the electronic device as Crowley's gaze fixated on the woman.

"Are you sure you don't want to take a picture?" the woman smirked, not even having to look at the demon to know he was staring as she put her legs down.

"Morning, Abaddon. Morning, Crowley." Hastur and Ligur greeted through the screen, "Nice chair."

"Thanks," both of the entities spoke at the same time, turning their head to look at each other but quickly returning their attention to the TV.

"It's about the Antichrist," Ligur explained.

"Great kid, takes after his dad." Abaddon lightly kicked his colleague, frowning slightly at him after his remark.

The demons on the other side of the screen continued, "We have arranged for the kid's family to be flown to the Middle East. There, he and the HellHound will be taken to the Valley of Megiddo. The Four Horsemen will begin their last ride."

"Yay," as soon as the sound came out of Crowley's mouth, Abaddon grabbed his wrist looking into his yellow eyes, careful not to alert the other demons but enough to get his attention.

"I swear, if you don't stop, I won't help you anymore., she hissed angrily earning a small, grumpy 'fine' from him, "Just shut up."

"I don't trust you two," one of the demons blurted out those words, a sour tone laced with them.

"Come again, Histur?" not having expected an answer from the woman, the demon retreated himself and stiffened in his seat, "Look, everything is going fine, there's nothing to worry about. Goodbye." She hurried them off and with a 'Hail Satan' from their part and a snap of her fingers, they were gone.

"It was supposed to be easy," Crowley demon muttered, more to himself than anyone else.

"Well, it isn't, because you two morons lost him." she watched as he opened and closed his mouth a few times, wanting to complain and deny the accusation but not finding the right words.

The red-haired demon quickly gave up as he pushed himself from the desk and dramatically strutted away, leaving the room, leaving the door open and picking up a spray bottle to water his plants.

She remembered when he started to have that weird fixation with plants, those were better times, for the two of them, even though it had only been around 60 years ago. The demon's voice came from the next room as he started to scold his plants for whatever reason, she didn't care enough to pay attention until he raised his voice a little more.

"Grow better!" with one last look at the rest of the plants, he walked down the corridor with a small one in his hand, heading for the front door.