𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 ²

[ "I'm sure it won't come to that

[ "I'm sure it won't come to that." the demon answered, saying out loud what the three beings hoped would happen. ]

Present day

The two demons and the angel were sitting on a bench, looking at the Antichrist, who would be soon turning 11. Abaddon was sitting in the middle, the other beings were on each side of her. She hated to admit it, but she didn't mind the angel as much as she thought she would. It was kinda nice to have someone that wasn't so chaotic as another demon around her all the time.

"Then, when the hellhound appears-." Abaddon's explanation was cut off by the angel.

"You didn't say anything about a hellhound."

"Crowley didn't tell you anything about it?" the woman questioned, looking at the angel and then at the other demon with arched brows, scolding him with her eyes.

"Yeah, they're sending him a Hell Hound to pad by his side and guard him against all harm." the red-haired demon said as if it wasn't of much importance, making the blue-haired one roll her eyes.

"Won't people remark on the sudden appearance of a huge black dog?"

"They won't notice," Abaddon dismissed, "they can't see his true form."

"The boy's meant to name it. But if we have done our work properly, then he'll send it away unnamed." Crowley supported Abaddon's statements.

"What if he does name it?"

"Then we'll have lost, he'll have all his powers, and Armageddon will be days away."

"There must be some way of stopping it." the angel spoke with a look of worry on his face.

"I still don't know why I'm here, helping a stubborn demon and a clueless angel." the girl muttered, more to herself than to the entities by her sides, even though they clearly heard her. "C'mon, you both know he's going to name it."

"Don't be so pessimistic." Aziraphale said, his voice a few octaves higher.

"All I'm saying is that if there was no boy, there would be no problem." Abaddon shrugged.

"Yes, but there is a boy, he's right there."

"Well, there is a boy now. That could change." Crowley pointed to the boy and Aziraphale looked at him, confused. "Something could happen to him."

"You could kill him." the two demons said at the same time.

"I've never actually... killed anything. I don't think I could." the angel spoke, his voice breaking.

"This is so stupid." the blue-haired woman whispered to herself and threw her hands up in defeat.

Crowley insisted, "Not even to save everything? One life... against the universe."

"Then, this Hell Hound, it'll show up at his birthday party?" Aziraphale questioned after gulping, Crowley answered with a nod, "Well, then we should be there-."

"What? No, no, no." Abaddon shook her head, "I'm not going to a fucking birthday party. I'm a demon, I don't do those things and you shouldn't either." her index finger pointed to the only other demon that was around, not noticing how close he had gotten to her. She couldn't back up, if she did that she would be closer to the angel, which she wasn't too happy about either.

Crowley also noticed how the woman tensed up, a smirk growing on his face while he raised his eyebrows, looking at her and not moving the arm he had laid on the back of the bench.

"I was saying that we should be there. Maybe I can stop the dog." the angel made them pay attention to him again by speaking, and both of their heads turned at the same time to look at the entity. The female demon rolled her eyes hearing that nonsense, the Hell Hound wasn't exactly an easily tamed creature, "In fact, I could entertain."

"No, no, no. Please, no. Don't do your magic act." the red-haired demon rolled his head, already annoyed.

"Shut up, I wanna see it." Abaddon nudged him with a small smile and whispered, "I wanna have a laugh."

The angel was excited to show his magic trick, as he took out a coin from one of his pockets and started playing with it, making small giggles come out of the lips of the woman as the coin kept falling. Crowley was clearly bothered by the failure of the rick so Aziraphale tried the same magic act on him.

The red-haired demon shook his head, "In your finger, never anywhere near my ear."

"It was close to your ear." the angel claimed, sitting down again. "You're no fun."

"Anyways, you owe me, so you are coming to that birthday party with us."

"Fine." Abaddon let out what sounded like a growl along with the word, a smile no longer on her face.

✸.¸¸.✸'¯'✸.¸¸.✸'¯'✸.¸¸.✸

That Wednesday

"Is he in here... somewhere?" Aziraphale was dressed as a magician, Crowley and Abaddon were dressed as waiters, the last two barely doing their job, the first struggling to do his.

A bunch of cards flew out of the angel's hands while Crowley was looking at his watch and Abaddon was much more entertained than all of the kids sitting there. She looked at the watch too for a few seconds, the Hell Hound must've been nearby now.

"Five, four, three, two..." Crowley whispered looking around, the woman mimicking him.

The female demon noticed that someone had changed, like a wave of consciousness washing over her.

The kids had started a food war, making Aziraphale one of their first bullseyes. A frown made its way into both of the demons' faces when they were making their way out of the place.

"I hate kids." Abaddon whispered to herself.

"It was a little bit of a disaster, I'm afraid." Aziraphale rubbed a piece of cake off his face.

"Nonsense. You gave them all a party to remember." Crowley's expression turned for a moment, a smile appearing on his face for a few seconds.

They entered the car, Crowley got in first into the driver seat, Abaddon second into the back, and Aziraphale the last right beside Crowley. The demon in the front seat turned the radio on.

"It's late." the angel stated.

"He's right, there's something wro-" Abaddon was cut off by the signal in the radio warbling.

"Hello, Crowley." a deep male voice came out of the speakers.

"Uh, hi, who's this?"

"Dagon, Lord of the Files, Master of Torments." the demon introduced himself, "I assume Abaddon is there too."

"Yes, I am." she made herself known, "We were just checking in about the Hell Hound."

"He should be with you by now." all of the entities looked at each other with shock laced with fear in their eyes as they fell silent, "Why? Has something gone wrong?"

"Wrong? No, no. Nothing's wrong. What could be wrong?" Crowley blatantly lied, his voice higher than normal, "Oh, I see him now. What a lovely, big Helly Hell Hound. Okay, great talking to you."

As the demon rapidly turned off the radio, the woman ran a hand over her face, desperately.

"No dog." Aziraphale said first, and Crowley reiterated the obvious statement.

"Wrong boy." the three of them sighed at the same time.