-One-

Iriana Acela Lee

Iriana Acela Lee

"What's upp...been a minute since we kicked it, you've been caught up, with them bitches, I don't get it. You're a star love, you shouldn't have to deal with that, I'll never make you feel like that." I sung out loud turning my speaker all the way up.

I was getting dressed for the day since I already dropped my little sister off at school. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that anymore since I just graduated.

I was putting my hair up in a knot bun with a swoop. I had on my mint color nike sweatsuit with my all white airmaxes.

"Ohh this my shit!" I yelled as Route 42 by Tink came on. I used to cry to this song when I was going through a heartbreak, it helps me get through stuff.

"Sissy?" I heard my 5 year old, little sister say knocking on my door.

"You can come in boo." I said turning my music down. "Good morning my Princess."

She rubbed her eyes, "Morning."

"Happy you're not a pre-school boo?"

"No, I wanna go to school."

I chuckled, "Well you have a doctor appointment than you'll go okay. Want me to pick you up?"

"No daddy is...where is daddy?"

"At work baby girl."

My dad stepped out on my mom 5 years ago and had her. My mom and dad has been with each other since she was 17 and he was 18, and that's when they had me. So my mom said she didn't wanna throw away a 13 year old relationship at the time, away like that.

Couldn't be me, she for sure is a good one. India's mom died during birth, so my mom wasn't no bitter betty and took her in as her own. Plus her mom, Kendall, was coo people wasn't really messy, she handled her business. She was a one night stand anyway.

Me and my other sister Iyanna won't treat her any different anyway, she brings so much joy in my life.

She yawned again, "I sleepy. You leaving me?"

"I gotta handle some business today that's all."

"Can I go?"

"You gotta go to the doctor remember." I said picking her up since I was walking out my room. "We'll do something this weekend okay."

"Like get ice cream and go to the park?"

"Yes ma'am." I walked in the kitchen and put India down. "Good morning mommy."

She kissed my cheek as I walked past, "Good morning my love. What you doing today?"

"Apartment shopping."

She looked at me, "Um why? You tryna leave us?"

I shrugged, "Just tryna figure out my life right now and I wanna leave the nest for some freedom."