Chapter 33

AMBERS POV

i slowly lifted the bow and put the sash slinging off of my good shoulder.  i Silently hovered over Madison as she shuffled in her sleep. i smiled at her and shifted her to the other side of the seat so i had a better aim from the small slit in the window. i looked through the dusty window finding all the piercing red eyes. I saw a big black wolf who i instantly recognized as Drew fighting a large brown wolf. He went in for the kill, snapping its neck instantly. 

why do they even need help? they seem to be fine...

all of a sudden i heard snarls causing me to freeze as i looked to the right of the window where there was a large brown wolf snarling at me. Almost eye level since he was balancing himself on a thick branch. i took a deep breath and took an arrow out of my sash, since he was too far for me to use my power. i drew back the arrow and focused on the sound of the wind. As the wolf leaped for the window i shoot the wolf right in the chest and its body fell limply to the ground. 

All of a sudden my body started moving. I opened the window with some newly acquired strength and clung on to the side of the house as i shut it. Saying a few words over Madison that i didn't know i had in me. I climbed up to the roof and saw an overview of everything. i drew my arrow back again and shot another wolf that had red eyes. only the red eyes were penetrating my vision. i searched each wolf for them. i easily located Drew. he was the only huge black wolf out there. he was in the process of fighting off another wolf as one sneaked up behind him. Without thinking i drew the arrow back causing it to thump loudly on the ground. i noticed that the wolf didn't have red eyes like all the others... once the wolf weakened it turned back into someone i wouldn't have expected... 

i was completely stunned at what i was seeing. maybe that's how the rouges got in so quickly. Anger filled me as i saw Drew snarl at the wounded wolf. i was extremely tempted to shoot him again, but i had my own problems. i heard footsteps behind me,  i whipped around seeing a large brown wolf corner me to the edge of the building. seeing that i was out of arrows and that the wolf had a strong auroa my power would do little since i'd just figured out about it. i looked down, i was a good 300 feet up above.

i'll always catch you

the words filled my mind like a memory as i looked at the wolf and tipped backwards falling off of the building.