Chapter 2

We started to crash downward toward the ocean and I heard Midnight's cry. I looked behind me and saw her makeshift tail flap ripping. I didn't know what to do. All I could do was hold onto her and try and keep here air born, but it was to late. We were already in the water so I took off my bone helmet and tried to calm midnight down. After I got midnight somewhat settled down, I saw a dragon rider flying low to the water and I called out to him "Help! Please! Me and my dragon are stranded!" Immediately, he stopped flight in mid air and took off his helmet, revealing his brown locks and green eyes. "Is that a - a night fury?!" He said in shock. "I think that's what people call them. What's the big deal. It's just another dragon. I thought I was the only one who accepted dragons?" I said confused. "Come with me." He said as he hoisted me up with him and his dragon picked up mine. "Where are we going?" I asked. "We're going to my village, Berk. We were one of the first villages to accept dragons. I am the leader and I thought my dragon, toothless, was the only night fury left." He said. "Because I was left stranded on these small deserted islands, I had no clue what was going on in the world." I said sadly. "How did you get stuck on these islands anyways and why didn't you just ride your dragon to a civilized island? He said. "Listen, before I get into detail about this stuff, let's just get the basics down. Hi, my name is Stride. Nice to meet you. My dragon is Midnight. What about you?" I asked. "Hi Stride. My name is Hiccup and this is toothless." He said as he patted his sweet dragon on the head. "Well Hiccup, it's nice to meet you. I can't wait to get to your island and get my dragon's wound dressed." I said as I gave a hint. "I bet we can fix her right up in our dragon vet center. Speaking of my island, here we are." He said as we approached the island. We got off and Toothless placed Midnight down. Everyone gathered around us with their jaws dropped until a women came up to me and said "It's another Night fury."