Chapter 5

When I woke up, I saw Midnight hanging above me on the support beams.

"Hay. Morning girl. How was your night in our new house?" I asked as I yawned.

She shook her tail and made a small purr in return. "Good. I'm glad you like it here. I see you made a new friend? Or should I say boy friend." I said as I gave her a smirk .

She looked at me and gave me a pouty face, I giggled in return. She picked me up in her toothless mouth and carried me out of the house.

"Hey! Midnight! I was joking! Put me down!" I said as I fake panicked, knowing that she would never hurt me. She held me over a cliff leading to the ocean. Her grip loosened on me as she looked down and gave me a small smile. I grabbed onto her nose and she shook her head in a "get off" gesture.

"Oh no you don't." I replied as I grabbed her ears. She finally pulled me up and sat down, while she laughed.

I went up to her and said "Why I oughta!", and jumped onto her back gripping her tightly.

She simply flipped over and laid her head on my chest, holding my arms down with her front legs. She just sat there and looked at me with a "wanna test me" kinda face.

She then licked my face, costing me in a slimy goo, which made me reply, "Midnight! You know this stuff stains!"

We both laughed. When we got up, we saw Toothless and Hiccup watching us with smirks glared across their faces. I scratched the back of my head and looked away.

"Um, how much of that did you guys see." I said with a small awkward smile, "Haha only all of it." Hiccup said as they both let out a laugh.

"You've got a really great connection with your dragon. You remind me of well, me."

"Well, we have been with each other forever, but it is kinda embarrassing. Having a hissy fit with my dragon." I replied as I blushed a bit, not knowing why.

"Trust me, me and toothless do the same. I know how dragon spit is, it doesn't wash out." He grinned with a smirk.

"Come on, let me show you around." We both hopped on our dragons and walked to the infirmary.

"So, we need to patch up that tail." He sighed.

"Yeah. I had a design for it back on my island but I could never really carry it out without the proper materials." I pulled a sketch pad out of my pocket and handed it to him.

"I see. Looks like it'll work. All we need is the right fittings. Can I measure you foot for the buckle?" He questioned.

"Sure." I said as I lifted up my foot. In no time, he had a realistic flap already made as me and Midnight watched curiously.

It had the same design as his dragons, being red with a small white skull on it, guessing it was the clans symbol. He went over to Midnight and I directed her to stay still. She obeyed and stood as still as a statue as she watched him attach it to her tail. He then led two wires until it reached her mid stomach and started to attach it to her newly made saddle that I received last night. Midnight just stood still and watched carefully and he assembled the contraption.

Once he finished he said "Try it out, see how it fits." I jumped on Midnight and slipped my foot into the buckle. It was a perfect fit.