Chapter 7

He flew me to the farm, the shops, and the hospital. I introduced myself to everyone I met and he also showed me the dragon-safe houses and local feeding centers. We rode to the stables and I gave all of the dragons Midnight's and I's scent. Then we got to the good parts. We flew down to his girlfriends house, visiting a girl named Astrid and her deadly nadder, Stormfly. She immediately ran up to Midnight amazed.
"Midnight is it? She is quite the beauty. I would love to race her with Stormfly." She said as she stroked Midnight's snout with Midnight closing her eyes and rubbing against her hand with a purr.
"Hi Astrid. Hiccup here has told me all about you. So, you hold the second fastest dragon record around here? I might have to test your speed out myself sometime." I said as I walked up to her and gave her a smile.
"Why not now?" She said with a smirk. We jumped on our dragons and darted into the clear sky.
"Meet me back here once your done! I'm sure it won't take to long!" Hiccup shouted to us as we got further into the sky.
"So, where to race to?" I asked.
"Hum, maybe we should try a loop around the island back to my place. First on to land wins." She said with a smile.
"Your on. On your mark, get set, go!" I yelled and gave Midnight a pat on the head and said "Lets show her what we're made of!"
We flew as close to the water as we could and sped up to the fastest speed I think I have ever reached. The water was practically being split as the wind was pushing the water aside. I couldn't even see Astrid and Stormfly anymore. Before I knew it I was back at the house.
"Were's Astrid?" Hiccup asked.
"Oh, she was behind me." I said as got off Midnight and started to pet her.
"Where is she now?" He asked confused.
"I'm not sure. I lost her about 10 minutes ago. She should be here soon." I said with a smirk.
"So. I can see Midnight is fast, but I couldn't tell if you beat me back there. All I know is your fast, and I mean really fast. We should have an official race in front of the whole tribe sometime this week. It would be a good way to settle things." He said giving me a playful smile.
"Your on. How about next week?" I said returning the look.
"Great. We will have enough time to prepare. Now we're are our dragons?" He said looking around.
"Try over there." I said as I gestured to the field over to us.
"There so funny together. Just look at them rolling in that dragon nip." I said with a giggle.
"Yep" He said admiring them.
"Do you think they will be able to carry out the species?" I asked.
"I hope so. You don't know how long I have been searching for another one. It's been my dream for a while now." Just after he finished his sentence, Astrid landed behind us.
"How in the world did you fly so fast?!?! I don't even think Hiccup can go that fast! What are your secrets? Are you feeding her any special food?" She said as she got off of Storm Fly and walked over to us.
"Nothing but the same old fish your feeding her." I said with a chuckle.
"Well, I think it's safe to say your faster then Hiccup." She said.
"Hey, hey,hey. You raced her once and you already lost faith in me?" He asked.
"Did you see how fast she is?" She asked.
"You know what, we'll see who the fastest is in 3 days. Astrid, can you do me a favor and announce an official race with me and Stride? We'll settle this once and for all." He said with faith in himself.
"I'm sorry to disagree with you Hiccup, but I really do think we have the newest fastest dragon around. Is the master of dragons jealous because we found a faster dragon? Hum?" Astrid asked playfully annoying him.
"No I am not!" He said.
"You keep tell'in yourself that." She said before kissing his check and flying off with Stormfly.