Chapter 10

So, so sorry for not updating in ages. I'm so horrible. I had a writers block for ages. But, I probably think you aren't even reading this, so on with the fic. - Viggo 

Astrid's POV 

"Aaaaarrhh!!!" I scream. Fishlegs looked up from the floor. "Maybe if you hadn't been swearing at Hiccup when he visited we would be out of here by now." he commented. I glared at the husky boy "Maybe if you backed me up we would be out of here!" I snarled. 

"Hey, Astrid - not cool!" said Tuff from the corner of the cell. "Shut up!" I seethed "I'm with my Princess." said Snotlout loudly. "Stop calling me that." I yelled, and slumped to the ground. Gobber hushed us and lifted his head. He had been in an almost trance like state since Hiccup had revealed himself and was finally speaking again. He hushed us "Listen!" 

Hiccups POV 

"I love this plan!" grinned Dagur "When do we start?" I facepalmed "Dagur." I explained "They haven't consented yet so we don't know if they'll accept the dragons." I gestured to the door, where a Gronkle, a Nadder, a Zippleback, a lazy Hotburple and a temperamental Nightmare awaited their new riders.

"Well then let's go and see!" Dagur bounced out the door, whistling to himself cheerfully. I gestured at him "Heather, what's wrong with Dagur?" 

Heather frowned "He hit the mead last night." she muttered. I froze "Oh, Thor help us" I murmured. This was a catastrophe. I ran after Dagur, following him into the stables. The red haired man was juggling two axes and a knife. "Dagur!" Heather yelled. He turns "What?" 

The knife spun through the air and landed on his foot "AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH" he yelled. I facepalmed. "Heather, would you take him to the infirmary?" Heather nods, and seized her brother by the ear "C'mon" She led Dagur off, who was moaning gently. I turned to the Berkians. "Sorry about that." I apologise "Dagur's always like that" 

Astrid smiles at me, " We have a few nasty creatures of our own." she jerked a thumb at the twins, who were trying to tunnel out of the cell by hitting their faces against the floor. Suffice to say, it wasn't working. I heaved the door to the stable open. 

"Fresh air!" moaned Snotlout, and pushed past me, running outside "Ahhhhhhh, sunlight!" he whimpered, basking in the heat. Astrid followed him out slowly. She turned. "What are you playing at?" she asked suspiciously. 

I frowned. "Getting you off my island."

"How? asked Astrid. I grinned "Well, we have no boats, and no way are we taking you back to Berk on our dragons...." 

"So" whimpered Fishlegs. "You're going back there on your own!" 

We rounded a corner, and stopped dead.The dragons were lined up, except for the Hotburple who was sleeping. Astrid's jaw dropped. "Dragons?" Fishlegs whimpered. "Dragons." classified Heather. "Your rides home." I smirked. 

Astrid spluttered. "What? Dragons are heartless monsters who kill for pleasure!" I stared pointedly at Toothless who had somehow conned Fenris into petting his stomach. The Night Fury, Offspring of Lightning and Death was having his belly rubbed and was drooling.