Found

-2 Days later-

Astrid's POV

A wave crashes over the starboard side and drenches us. The weather has been getting steadily worse and it has not been helped by Snotlout complaining 24/7 about everything from Gobber's cooking, to the lack of cushions and Ruffnut got so annoyed she jumped overboard, caught an electric eel and tied it to Snotlout's helmet, knowing that he was terrible at knots.

As we reverse the oars, Snotlout gives a final tug at the eel, separating it from his helmet. It flies across the deck and lands on Fishlegs, who screams and falls sideways causing the boat to capsize.

As we fall into the freezing water, Gobber, me and the twins all chorus.

"SNOTLOUT!!!"

"What did I do?" he moans before being shocked by the eel, "Argh!"

Ignoring him we kick out and grab planks of wood.

"C'mon, I saw an island back there. If we can reach it then we just wait to be picked up!" I call out. As we kick for the shore I have a feeling that something major is about to happen

-10 minutes later-

As we pull ourselves up the beach, I look around. We had swum to a beautiful island with a snow capped mountain in the centre.

"All right, we need shelters, wood for a fire and food," I command and surprisingly everyone complies - even Snotlout for a change. Gobber comes up to me.

"As a question, lassie, how do we get any ships that sail by's attention?"

"Easy," I reply, "Just make Snotlout scream - it's loud enough to get their attention plus the... bonus of stress relief!"

Ruffnut, overhearing this smirks.

"Count me in!"

-Later that night-

My eyes fly open, honed instincts warning me of danger. I look up and see a figure, clad in jet black dragon scales sitting at our campfire. My hand grabs my axe and with a battle cry, I charge.

Hiccup's POV

As I come in on the south side of Dragon's Edge I notice a campfire and an arrangement of tents. I pat Toothless.

"Take us in bud," I whisper as he lands and I dismount, my metal leg clicking when it hits the ground. I signal to Toothless to hide and sit down in front of the campfire knowing at least one of them will wake soon enough.

I am not disappointed. About two and a half minutes later a change of breathing comes from the middle tent and a slight patter of footsteps comes from behind me. An axe cuts towards my head and I turn, my armoured hand knocking the blade up and my prosthetic swiping the ground, knocking the assailant over. The axe falls out of their hand and I grab it, positioning the blade at their throat.

I look down at the attacker and see a girl of my age with blond hair and blue eyes staring up. Eyes narrowed, I adjust the blade, my voice growling through the helmet.

"So he finally sent one."

Astrid's POV

Silently I am fuming; this stranger has beaten me with no apparent effort and now holds my own axe to my throat. Through the slits in his helmet I see warm green eyes but suddenly they harden and I hear the words.

"So he finally sent one."

"What do you mean?" I reply.

"I mean that Drago finally sent those assassins I've been waiting for since we blew up his fort." At this my eyes widen. No-one has ever been inside his fort except him and some choice colonels and this man says he blew it up!

"You're wrong. We're not here to kill you! We were shipwrecked." At this his eyes widen and he pulls me to my feet.

"Sorry but I have a lot of enemies and I have to be cautious."

I nod knowing how it feels, "And your name?" I ask.

He nods," I'm H-" He's cut off by Snotlout running towards him waving a mace and screaming.

"I'll rescue you, babe!" The unnamed fighter doesn't even look up as Snotlout charges - and trips over on his face.

His wail of pain wakes the others and they stumble out of their tents, each with a weapon that they then pointed at the man. Gobber lifted an axe.

"Sorry to barge in," he says.

"Stop yapping and kill him already!" finishes Tuffnut, grinning like a lunatic.