What to do next

Bare chested, his shoulder covered in bandages and a Night Fury tattoo on his back, is Hiccup. He looks up, features contorted in pain and speaks haltingly. 

"What happened here?" he wheezes. 

"Snotface here attacked us," reports Dagur. 

"No I didn't!" protests Snotlout before he is silenced by a fierce glare from Hiccup. 

"Look I know here is different from Berk, but I cannot have you running around wreaking havoc. So for now you-" he falters and cries out in pain, "You need to be locked up." 

And with this, he faints. 

Hiccup's POV

"This is Berk, son. It's our home. It was the home of your grandparents and their grandparents before them. It's my job as chief to protect us and, when you're all grown up, that job will be passed on to you."

 I look up at my father and whisper, "Okay." 

"It's very important son because out there, beyond the sunset, lies the home of the dragons." My eyes widen. 

"Wow!"

 Dad chuckles, "Legends tell of ships that sail too close only to drop off the edge of the world never to be seen again. But those sailors who turned back told tales off a great waterfall and dragons guarding the entrance to a Hidden World. Not just a nest, Hiccup, but a land from which all dragons come from."

 An image of a massive black dragon fills my head. 

"Even Night Furies?" 

Dad laughs. 

"Especially Night Furies." 

I quiver. 

"Those are scary."  

"Don't you worry. One day, I'll find the Hidden World and seal it up so that people and dragons shall fight no more," he tells me. 

I wake up. A taste like something rotten is filling my mouth so I pick up a tankard of mead and down it. Looking around I see myself in a room that I know as our healing hut surrounded by my gang who are conversing in a huddle whispering. Mala looks up, her face clouded in worry- until she sees me. 

"Hiccup!" 

She rushes over followed by the rest of the Riders who all start talking at me loudly.

 Laughing, I hold up my hands. 

"Let me breath, guys!"

 Dagur grins and pushes them back, apart from Heather who speaks, her voice tinged with worry. 

"How are you feeling?" I give the bandages an experimental prod. 

"I've been better!" At this, she sighs in relief and tosses me my armour. 

"You were out for three days, Hiccup!" Throk informs me. My eyes widen at this but then narrow. 

"What about the Berkians?" 

Dagur grimaces. "Still locked up but the blond one, Astrid, has been screaming at us to let them out for the past 48 hours. And my hut is closest to the stables as well." I grin 

"Well, let's go and see our guests!"

The moment I step out the door, I'm tackled by Toothless, who nuzzles and picks me. I jump to my feet.