11- The Commandments

Jericho was sitting on the ground, and I stood next to her.

"Who is she?" I asked quietly, trying not to sound desperate.

We looked over at Ban and blondie. "Elaine, Ban's dead lover." Jericho mutters.

A sad laugh escapes my mouth, I don't bother to stop it. Ban chose a dead girl over me. That hurt quite a bit. He went through the efforts of bringing this blonde psychopath back to life instead of just settling for his childhood friend, noted.

I was really such an idiot.

"ELAINE!" Ban shouts.

We both looked over to Ban who was holding a now limp Elaine. So much was happening, I could not keep up. I jumped back a little when I saw behind Ban were two frightening creatures. A giant red metal guy stood tall next to a pretty floating girl dressed scantily clad surrounded by black and purple swirls.

The colors reminded me of the healing I had adapted from the demon blood I was injected with. Were these two somehow demons?

As far as I was concerned there hadn't been demons on this planet for thousands of years. They were rumored to be extraordinarily powerful, and I shivered at the idea of the figures in front of us being of the demon clan.

"What did you expect would happen?" A sultry voice calls out from the floating woman. We all look at her with our guards up. 

"The Vengeful Soul Resurreccion Law is a forbidden technique that amplifies the dead's regrets, and summons their rage back to this world as a life force. If you fight this rage or if your regrets vanish, then death will await you once again." She smiled.

Ban rushed to me and Jericho, and dumped Elaine into Jericho's arms, asking us to take care of her. I roll my eyes, and we rush behind a rock while Ban faces the duo head on. 

I listen on to their conversation as Jericho looks over Elaine. The girl is Melascula, and as I suspected she was a demon. She said they were part of the Ten Commandments? I wasn't familiar with the name, but I'm sure it's not good. The scary red guy was Galand, also a demon. 

I peeked behind the rock and saw Galand attack Ban several times. I tried not to scream out when he was cut clean in two. I know that he's immortal, but it hurts just the same knowing he's being attacked by such strong demons.

What made matters even worse is that after being attacked by Elaine, Ban's shirt was completely destroyed leaving him shirtless. I couldn't possibly stay mad at him when his gorgeous abs were on full display. 

Galand and Melascula were discussing Ban's unique powers, when Ban finally went to strike.

"Hunter fest!" He shouted, I could feel him becoming more powerful by the second. It somehow made me feel physically weaker than I already was. Could he be stealing the strength from others?

He was beating up the Galand guy for a while longer until the Melascula chick formed a dark sphere around herself and Ban.

Fuck, I felt so useless sitting here twiddling my thumbs while he struggled to fight off two demons. I looked over to Jericho, who was splitting her attention between Elaine and the weird orb of darkness in front of us.

"What do we do?" I asked Jericho panickedly.

She bit her lip, clearly unsure before saying, "I don't think there's much we can do, he's barely holding his own with these guys, what are we meant to do?"

I looked back and the orb had disappeared. Melascula was behind Ban with her hand on his back. A blue ball of light exited from his mouth. Huh?