14- Fairy King

While Elaine went and hugged the boy, all I could focus on was the cute multicolored dog in front of me.

"PUPPY!" I practically shout as I cautiously approach the dog beside the boy.

I couldn't help myself, it had been so long since I'd seen a dog, nonetheless any animal, I just had to pet it.

I looked up to the boy who must own the dog and silently asked for permission to pet it with my puppy dog eyes.

He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, "heh, you can pet Oslo if you want."

That was all the authorization I needed. I scratched Oslo's head and hugged and kissed him, it was pure bliss to care for a dog that will love people unconditionally, no questions asked.

I vaguely heard the boy asking the others who I was from behind me, but I was too in love to even care or notice.

Ban POV:

She was just as childish and carefree as I remember her. Of course she didn't care about King's presence, her childlike wonder made her care about one thing, and one thing only, petting the dog in front of her. She smooshed it's cheeks and cooed at it. She practically had hearts in her eyes.

If I had to be completely honest, it was adorable.

I had to keep my love and affection for Elaine strong though, since her life force was no longer fueled by rage and anger, if my devotion for her were to waiver, she would surely be dead once again. I could not live with that guilt anymore.

I still did love her, but having Julie here made that more difficult. I wanted to care for both of them, but I understand that's selfish, greedy. That was my sin.

When it came time for introductions Julie slickly made her way back to me, and stood slightly behind me. She was always a tad socially anxious, never great at meeting new people.

She held her tiny hand out to King and introduced herself. Afterwards she quickly went back to Oslo, eager to play with a dog.

"So who exactly is she?" King asked me.

"An old friend." I responded flatly.

"Why does her magic imprint feel like several races... Actually, I can sense all of them? That doesn't make sense though, that's just not possible..." He rambled slightly.

"Some crazy fuckin scientist experimented on her, made her this way. He predicted she'd become some sort of super race, but I just busted her out so she's rather powerless at the moment. Would you be willing to help train her?" I asked.

He looked mad for a moment his eyebrows furrowed together. King was always very protective others, apparently even for Julie who he had just met.

"I would love to," he replied confidently.

She would be in good hands with the Fairy King as one of her mentors.

Escanor looked around at the crowd and declared that it was late and time for bed, everyone was pretty drained so they agreed. Everyone almost immediately passed out around the old tavern remains, and Julie after reluctantly leaving Oslo alone curled up by herself behind some rocks.

I noticed she likes to feel enclosed and protected while sleeping, or at least that's what she was used to.

I really wish I could've joined her, provided her some sense of safety, but I had an obligation to Elaine. I had to keep her alive and happy. I reluctantly left her side and went to sleep besides Elaine and the others.

The next morning King was eager to train Julie. Similarly to yesterday she was the last one left still sleeping.

King, not knowing any better, went to wake her, only to come face to face with a screaming girl.