The Project

I woke up to the same old slightly stained ceiling that I've woken up too for the past 3 1/2 years. I got out of bed not bothering to pull my phone off of the charger knowing that my body naturally wakes up at around 6:45-7:00. I put on my uniform and a (very) thin hoodie and then went out to the kitchen to make some breakfast, after breakfast I grabbed my phone, headphones, and backpack. I plugged the headphones in and slung my bag over my shoulder and then started up a song from one of my favorite artists. As I was walking to the school I started humming along to the lyrics while right in the middle of the song and walk.  (Lyrics at 1:59)

" Say there, the jug or the hare?

The lift or the stairs?

Which will it be for you?

How now, big brown cow?

The bow or the bow?

The spade or the plough for you?

Go down, let's go down! (Go!)

Let's go down, don't you want to go down,

(Whoo!)

And wriggle on, have a sing-along

Put some pickles on, and play the Mellotron?

Go down, let's go down! (Go!)

Let's go down, don't you wanna go down

(Whoo!)

And wriggle on, count to twenty-one

And go and right a wrong, and feed the pelicans?"

I soon end up at the school and walk inside taking my headphones off and putting some stuff in my locker ignoring everyone else and lightening the load. Once I have what I need for my first 4 periods I make my way to my home room which is my English and reading & writing. It's 3 class periods.

—————————————————————

As I sat down at a desk three of the popular kids sat down next to me -or at least I assumed that as they were talking and/or bending the rules- I was quiet the whole class until the teacher told us about a chill start of the year project.

Teacher-"And while we have 20 minutes left in class I would like to bring the project into the light-"

As she said this across the slightly auditorium styled classroom there were a definitely lot of groans and "BOO!"s until she said,

T-"-But, you get to be in groups of 4-6 and have two months of working time."

The students mostly stopped and rushed to get into their friend groups. Of course I was left alone as the suspicious looking kid in the back. But then I heard a friendly,

??-" Hey, you wanna group with us?"