1 - The Equation

Peter Parker was ecstatic. Their science class was taking a field trip to STARK TOWER. The teacher just announced it. He looked over at Ned, who looked like he was gonna start bouncing of the walls, and flashed him a huge smile, which Ned returned. The teacher explained the trip in more detail but Peter only caught a few things, like Friday and permission slip.

So when Friday rolled around and he held his freshly signed permission slip, Peter bounded onto the bus. Ned gave him a wave and Pete sat down next to him. Unfortunately, Flash walked on the bus and took the seat directly behind them, slapping Peter on the back of the head as he was sitting down.

"Grreeaat." Ned muttered.

Flash whipped his head around, "What was that fatso?!"

Peter turned around, gripping his hand dangerously hard on the bus seat to stop it from dangerously gripping Flash's neck. "You leave him out of this." He said, voice dripping with venom.

Just then the teacher boarded the bus, saving Pete from whatever Flash was going to respond. Pete sat back down in his seat and sulked as Ned frantically tried to pop back the large dent the super-strength equipped teen had made in the metal of the seat.

The rest of the bus ride was rather uneventful, other than the occasional thrown paper ball. Soon the large tower came into view. Ned and Peter gawked at the sight out their window. The bus pulled up to the front entrance and the class unloaded, dazed by the large building.

The lobby was even more magnificent, high ceilings, futuristic clean look, and holograms showcasing the newest Stark items. A young lady walked over, her high brunette ponytail swishing as she walked.

"Hi my names Carrie I'll be your tour guide! These are your visitor passes," she handed out white security passes with 1s on them. "They expire after your tour is done so don't try anything. Schedule for today is labs, lunch, then a Q&A with some high working scientists and engineers! Now, form a line and scan your badges one by one."

The class did as they were told. Carrie then lead them to a large elevator and pressed level 3.

The elevator doors opened and the teens all filed out. Carrie lead them into a room full of desks, projects and busy looking young adults.

"This is lab 3A," Carrie explained. "They do a lot of the coding that goes into Stark projects."

Ned practically dragged Peter over to some of the employees. Ned is really into coding and usually helped a lot with the technical parts of Pete's suit and web-shooters. He offered help where he could but most employees dismissed the high-schooler. A few of the interns listened to Ned's advice and were pleasantly surprised.

Peter smiled proudly at his best friend. The rest of the class were just wandering around aimlessly while Ned was jumping right in and helping out without being asked. Pete followed his lead and helped some of the employees by carrying the particularly heavy boxes and tech.

Next the class headed up to floor 10 where there was a biotech lab. Carrie showed them a project, a device to reduce air pollution, that Dr. Bruce Banner was working on as well as the workers in that lab.

The last lab they visited was on floor 22. The class walked around, gawking at all the pieces of tech. Peter and Ned, who now realized were the only mildly respectful people in the class, stood off to the side and observed from afar. It just so happened that they were standing next to whiteboard with a partially solved equation.

Peter tapped Ned on the shoulder. "Do you think they'd mind if I solve this equation?"

"Go for it!" Ned urged.

Peter worked at the thing for a good 10 minutes in silence until he solved it. He stepped back from the board and smiled. Him and Ned did their secret handshake in victory. Then Carrie called them from lunch. The class boarded the elevator and started going up.

Little did they know, at the same time, a certain billionaire was going down on the elevator next to them. Stark got off on floor 22 and headed into the lab on the right.

One of the interns spotted him and ran over. "Mr. Stark thank you so much for coming down! Sorry we're trying to clean up, a high school tour group was just in here."

"It's alright. You said you all needed help with an equation?" He replied.

"Oh yes! Right over there." He pointed.

Tony walked over to the whiteboard and quickly got confused. "Hey are you sure it's this equation?" He shouted.

One of the other employees walked over "Yes, positive, why?"

"It's already solved."