2 - The Test

"What?" the Stark employee asked the billionaire. Then they directed their voice towards the lab, "Hey guys did anyone solve the equation on this whiteboard?"

The others in lab responded with a variety of "No"s "Nope"s and "Nah"s.

"Hey FRIDAY who solved the equation?" Tony asked the AI.

"It seems a student from the recent high school tour solved it Boss." she replied.

The employee was shocked. "A high school kid?"

Tony Stark pulled out his phone, "Can I see the footage and audio FRIDAY?"

"Sure boss."

A video of the white board popped onto the phone. A duo of high schoolers walked over and stood next to it. The chocolate haired boy on the right seemed to notice the equation and tapped the other boy on the shoulder.

Do you think they'd mind if I solved this equation?

Go for it!

The footage sped up here a bit, FRIDAY informed the superhero that it had taken the teen approximately 11 minutes to solve the equation. The brown haired boy finished and did a sort of handshake with the other before they were called away. The video faded.

"The boy that solved it is Peter Benjamin Parker from the Midtown Tech tour. He is 15." FRIDAY added.

Tony was impressed to say the least. "Inform the tour guide to take the class to conference room 7 at the end of the tour."

// TIME THWIP //

"Alright change of plans everyone!" Carrie shouted over the bustling class. "Follow me!"
The students filed into a conference room. They were shocked to see the one and only Tony Stark.

"Surprise!" He said throwing his hands out and flashing an award winning paparazzi smile. "Now I'm sure you all have plenty of questions but I've got something for you all. A little quiz if you will. Not graded but it's based on the things interns do here."

The billionaire gestured to a stack of papers below him. The teacher and tour guide funneled the class into a single file line. They all sit down at various tables throughout the room. Peter is last in line and he grabs a test. He could swear Tony winked at him.

The students started working. Peter was next to MJ and Ned. MJ didn't even grab a paper and was reading her book. Ned had a paper but seemed to have already given up. Pete gave him a look.

"I'm a coding guy man. I don't understand much of this." Ned whispered.

Peter went back to his test. He surprised at the relatively easy questions. He was done in a half an hour and sat back. Bored, he started playing sticks with Ned.

After another half an hour, Tony cleared his throat to get everyone's attention. "Now even if you didn't finish all of the questions, please bring your sheets up."

Peter stood but immediately regretted it as only 5 other people did the same. Ned gave him a thumbs up and Peter shook off his nervousness.

Tony sat down with the papers and a pen. "I'm going to correct these while you all ask me some questions."

// TIME THWIP //

After a while of Tony answering questions, he stood again. "Now you still might be wondering what that quiz was for. If you struggled with it, I wouldn't be surprised as it was actually an entry test to become a high ranking scientist here at SI." A few students gasped and murmured amongst themselves. This announcement just made Peter more worried.

Tony continued, "Only one test was fully completed and it was surprisingly all correct. Actually the student that completed this test I've had my eye on as he completed a different equation in a lab during the tour." Peter paled and Ned gave him an excited nudge. "I had actually been called down to solve that very same equation as nobody in the lab could figure it out." Now the class was really hyped. "I know, I know, you're all screaming at me to tell you but what can I say I like to be dramatic. Drumroll.... Mr. Peter Parker get up here."

Ned practically shoved Pete out of his chair. He shakily started to stand but was roughly shoved down. He looked up and met eyes with none other than Eugene 'Flash' Thompson.

"Don't even try Parker." He muttered.

The bully continued his walk up to the stage and hopped up. He made his way over to a confused Tony Stark and held his had out.

"Peter Parker. Everyone calls me Flash though."