6 - The Widow

"You're bleeding." Natasha Romanoff repeated.

Peter sighed, "I know."

He spotted a nearby box of tissues and grabbed a handful. He pressed them firmly against his shoulder.

"Do you want help?" Natasha asked cautiously.

"No I'm fine." Peter said, it coming out a little harsher than intended.

The assassin paused for a bit, then took a definitive step toward the teen.

"No I'm taking you down to the med bay."
She grabbed him by the other shoulder and started leading him down the hall.

"Um, my names Peter it's nice to meet you Ms. Romanoff." He said, trying to break the silence.

"Nice to meet you too Peter. Where are you supposed to be, going that fast?"

"Oh Mr. Stark ordered pizza and I'm really hungry so I was going up to his lab." He explained.

Nat gave a little laugh, "I doubt that Tony would let you have any of his pizza. Worth a shot though kid."

Peter suddenly looked a little worried, "Really? Oh Thor. He asked me what I wanted on the pizza but maybe he just wanted my opinion and wasn't planning on giving me any."

"Wait he asked you what you wanted?" Natasha questioned, confused.

"Yeah I was going up to the lab for my internship but I ran into Skyler, one of the other interns, and offered them some help carrying things. Mr. Stark asked me  through FRIDAY."

Natasha tensed and her hand, not so subtly, rested on her lower thigh. "Who are you?"

Peter took a small step back, mirroring the assassin's step toward him. "I'm Tony's i-intern." He cursed himself for stuttering.

Nat took another step toward the teen. Peter was getting a bit worried now. He tried to find a position he could fight in while still holding the tissues to his shoulder. The elevator they were near dinged, Pete kept his eyes locked on Natasha.

"NAT GET AWAY FROM THE KID."

Natasha relaxed and turned towards the man standing by the elevator. "Tony?"

"Oh gosh, hi Mr. Stark! Ok am I allowed to eat the pizza?"

Tony looked confused, "Yeah. I ordered it for you?"

Peter pressed a hand to his heart dramatically. "Oh thank the gods."

"Yeah why wouldn't y-" Tony shook his head, "nope nevermind."

Nat looked from mentor to mentee, back an forth. "What the heck is going on?"

Tony completely ignored Natasha, his focus now on Peter's still bleeding shoulder. "Hold on, are you bleeding?! Ol redhead over here didn't already get a jab at you, did she? C'mon kid, I'll give you the interactive tour of the med bay."

"But my pizza!" Pete whined.

"I'll get someone to bring it down for you. Lets go."

The duo walked over and hopped on an elevator, going up to the med bay. Natasha was still stood there, in the middle of the hall, now completely alone.

"What the fuck just happened?"