1. Dead Pool.

In this book the Argents have lived in Beacon Hills all their lives. so, please keep that in mind when reading :)

"She was great with a bow and arrow." Dad informed me as I ran my finger tips along Allison's bow.

"She was great at everything," I admitted, Allison was always better than me. She was a daddy's girl. "Oh, why did I have to leave?" I whispered to myself, but dad heard me. He put his hand on my shoulder and I closed my eyes.

"Maddie, you left because you felt like you had to. You wouldn't have been able to save her." He informed me, making me exhale deeply.

"How do you know?" I asked, feeling helpless. He sighed as he took his hand off my shoulder and took a step back.

"Allison died saving her friends." He stated and I turned around to look at him dead in the eye.

"And what about mom? What about Kate?" I asked angrily, finally letting the tears fall.

"There's some things you don't know Madison. And I intend to keep it that way. The less you know, the more of a chance i've got to keep you safe. I can't lose you too." He admitted, as I noticed the tears in his eyes.

"Dad, I can't stand around and just do nothing.. Let me help-" I started as I stepped forward but dad pushed me back.

"No!" He shouted, "Don't you understand? I can't lose you too. You're all i've got left. I'm not going to let you get involved in this."

"I'm already involved, dad. And I can protect myself." I told him before I walked past him and out of his office. I left the apartment, just needing air and space. I needed to think. I got in my Landrover and drove to the place I used to go to when I was a kid. In the woods a little way back from the Hale house there is a river. I used to go there when I was sad, I used to go there with Allison. As I arrived I saw that it was fenced off, but like that was going to stop me. I parked my Landrover and got out before observing the fence. I took a running start and jumped up the fence, grabbing the netted metal for support as i climbed up and jumped over. I exhaled deeply as I landed on my feet. I smiled slightly.

"Still got it.." I said to myself as I ventured into the woods. It was about a 5 minute walk before I ended up reaching my destination. There was a wide opening with the river just after it. Allison and I used to come here and we'd talk for hours. There were times where would camp out in the summer and we'd look at the stars and take dips in the water to cool off. And thats what I wanted to do. Take a dip. I pulled my top off and dropped it on the floor beside me before I pulled off my skirt and dropped it on top of my top so I was left in my underwear and I flipped off my shoes. I took a deep breath before I dived into the water. I got an adrenaline rush as the cold water hit my body. When I came up I laughed out loud as I remembered how Allison and I had so many good times here. Then I heard a cough behind me and I turned around abruptly meeting two Deputies.

"Well, well, well? What do we have here?" Deputy Haigh laughed as he moved my clothes with his foot. I knew him, I had many encounters with him in the past at the police station. He obviously didn't recognise me.

"You know this is private property right?" The other Deputy asked. I looked at him and took a deep breath before nodding.

"Yeah, yeah I do." I admitted and he stepped forward and leant down a little with his hand out stretched.

"Would you please get out of the water, miss." He said and I nodded as I put my hand in his and climbed out of the water. Deputy Haigh wolf whistled and I narrowed my eyes at him, seeing as I was only in my underwear and I was soaking wet.

"Watch it, Haigh." I warned and he furrowed his eyebrows and stepped forward.

"Oh yeah? And what are you going to do? I'm a deputy" He said as he poked me in the shoulder. "What are you? You don't have any authority."