7. War.

"Jordan," I whispered from the backseat as he drove the car, "do you know where you're going?"

"Mexico," he answered. And I sighed.

"Dad, are you sure you're well enough for this trip?" I asked and he turned around to look at me.

"It's stop Kate and Peter or die trying." He stated coldly and I huffed.

"So we're going to go get the Calavera's?" I asked and dad hummed.

"We'll need a lot of fire power especially against the-"

"Berserkers." I stated making him furrow his eyebrows. "We've been doing some work of our own since you've been in Mexico."

Jordan coughed quietly.

"Sir," he began making dad look at him.

"Chris." He stated.

"Chris," Jordan began again, "I just wanted to ask if I could have your permission to take your daughter out?"

I coughed on air as I stared at the back of Jordan's head. Is he crazy? Dad looked surprised and fell silent for a few moments.

"Are you asking to take my daughter on a date?" Dad asked for clarification and Jordan nodded.

"That is correct." He answered. Dad turned to me

"Would you go out with him even if I said no?" He questioned and I laughed.

"Hell yeah, I'm not 15 anymore dad." I informed him, to my surprise dad smirked.

"Deputy Parrish, you may take my daughter out on a date but you must keep her safe." He ordered and Jordan let out a relieved breath. I tutted from the backseat.

"What?" Jordan asked and I leant forward and messed up his hair.

"I don't understand why you asked.." I stated and he let out a nervous laugh.

"From what I've heard about the Argents I think it was best to ask, Maddie." He answered and I hummed.

"Okay, fair enough."

--------

It was a long ride to Mexico. And as dad directed Jordan where to go he stopped outside of a club.

"Wait here." Dad said as he stumbled out of the car.

"Dad, no! You're not-" I was cut off by the sound of the door slamming. I climbed into the front of the car and sat beside Jordan.

"Please don't ever do that again." He begged. And I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Do what?" I asked.

"Stand on my seats again." He answered making me burst out into laughter. I took his hand in mine and smiled.

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again." I promised and I stared out of the window looking up at the night sky.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked and I turned to him.

"I just wondered what would be in store for me and you if we survive tonight." I admitted and he squeezed my hand a little harder.

"Hey! Of course we're going to survive tonight." He encouraged and I sent him a glare.

"You don't know that." I stated, only he shook his head.

"I do. And what were going to do is book a holiday. We can go wherever you want, as long as it's not too expensive. We can have me and you time because I really like you Maddie." He told me making me shake my head.