9. The Healing Process.

Here's the second chapter! Enjoy!

"Yes," I mumbled as I locked my car and held the phone to my ear. "Yeah," I rolled my eyes. "No! I'm not telling you if we're having sex! I'm not 16 anymore dad you do not need to warn me about pregnancy." I scolded, rather too loud. A few officers looked up and laughed slightly at me making my cheeks flush with embarrassment. "Okay. Yes. No, I know you're still my dad," I huffed as he went on and on. "Right, I've got to go. Have fun on your hunt and don't let those Mexicans get you into too much trouble." I smiled at his reply before hanging up. I shoved my keys and my phone in my bag. I looked down at myself in my uniform. I don't think I'll ever be able to get used to this. I walked past the officers that laughed at me earlier.

"Charles, Adams, isn't it a beautiful night?" I asked, stopping to have a chat. They looked confused, maybe they didn't get my sarcasm.

"But it's stormy?" Adams said, but it sounded more like a question. I laughed quietly, rolling my eyes at him.

"Oh Adams, it's like you haven't learnt that almost everything that comes out of my mouth is sarcasm." I laughed before I continued into the station. The phones were going crazy. People were running around like headless chickens but I hummed as I walked in. Jordan had his back to me as the lights flickered.

"Yes ma'am, we're having trouble with the power as well. It's most likely related to the storm." He answered before he put the phone down. I went to step forward but the sheriff beat me to it.

"Parrish!" He called, causing Jordan to turn to him. "Check the back up generator, make sure it's fuelled."

Jordan sighed as he grabbed his jacket. "And Parrish! Answer the phone!"

Jordan tensed, he was fed up, I could tell. I stepped up to him, running a hand along his back. He jumped and turned, smiling weakly when he saw me.

"Hey," I said quietly before I pecked his lips. "You check the generator, I'll get the phone."

Jordan nodded and hopped off to go check the generator. Once I'd answered many phone calls, none of which were important, I slipped off to speak to the Sheriff.

"You should be answering the phone." He told me as I stepped in.

"It's not ringing." I answered, before I could say anything else, Jordan stormed in.

"6 months! 6 months of directing traffic. Doing courthouse security, and today I finished a total organisational overall of evidence lock up. Now I'm stuck behind the front desk while there's down power lines, a jack knife tractor trailer and reports of gun shots down town." He paused for a moment, making the sheriff sigh and look down at his desk. "I don't know what I did to lose your trust but you need every available deputy out there!"

The sheriff waited a moment, the office was silent before he gave in.

"Okay. I've got something for you." He handed Jordan a file.

"A noise complaint?" He asked, his tone saying. 'I just had a massive rant and you give me a noise complaint, are you fucking serious?'

"Yeah, somebody's been making noise, somebody else complained about it. Check it out." The sheriff ordered.

"Cool. I'm coming." I butted in excitedly, I haven't been out of the station in weeks.

"No," the sheriff waved. "Someone's got to answer the phone." I rolled my eyes and nodded. This job sucks.

Jordan followed me out to the front desk.

"I'll be back soon, alright?" He asked. I nodded.

"Fine," I whined, slumping down in the chair and looking at the ringing phone.