Compass in hand and Lanterns Lighting

-Prologue-
Warning: Suicide Attempt, Child Abuse, Manipulation and Dehumanization

Tommy stares at Sam in shock. The comfort of his words warming the longing in Tommy's heart. The idea of a place to escape the prison of exile so tempting and heart-warning that Tommy could nearly get lost in it.

"But how will I find you like I do go?", Tommy questions softly with pain realizing as his exile continued his memories were getting fuzzy. They were getting dulled with the pain, heartache, betrayal and hatred from everyone. Including Dream.

It was getting harder to just walk without screaming. The injuries from his punishments of disobeying Dream were quickly becoming unbearable.

It was quickly becoming a pain at the slightest touch from someone. The emotional pain being already so unbearable that Tommy actively numbs it to not cry.

Tommy had only ever cried once. He knew the punishment of crying. Phil taught him that. The scars on his neck being the truth of that. No matter how Tommy wished that he could pretend it was from Dream.

"I'll make a compass like the one Ghostbur made you of Tommy. I'll also build a path from prime path with lanterns to guide to my base.", Sam promises as Tommy smiles softly commuting the words to memory.

The Lanterns will guide you.

The next day came as Tommy saw enchanted lanterns floating across the sky of Logstedshire and the Ocean separating him from home.

These lanterns were brightly enchanted to bring lost souls home. Sam knew Tommy was one of the lost souls. All they had to do was ask to go home.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Things went from terrible to absolute pain. Real quick. So quick that Tommy wasn't even able to wake up.

Tommy's memories were extremely fuzzy now. Well to be specific, Tommy's happy memories were close to a complete blur. Like if they did not exist.

What Tommy did remember was every painful. The sweet daggers that haunt him. The monsters that wouldn't let get winks at night.

He remembers his real family. The family of his own blood and flesh. Wilbur the Siren, Techno the Greek Warrior, and Phil his neglectful and abusive father.

He remembers all the times they hurt him. Even before he was nine and the wars started. He remembers the memories of the Revolution he pushed to forget.

He remembers Fundy. His nephew who he raised when Sally died. Not Wilbur. Not the Siren who was off singing others to their demise. He remembers the hurt hearing of the adoption from Eret. He remembers the pain of the thought betrayal by a burned flag.

He remembers Ranboo. One of the few good things he can remember. A good friend who he wishes to protect: He remembers the fire of George's house that was a accident from a revenge prank he planned for George trashing his house.

The accident that got him here. An punishment in no way fitting the crime as everyone else should be here suffering for their crimes on his house.

He remembers his adopted brother and "best friend" Tubbo. The third biggest hurt. As Tubbo was there from the beginning. He was there. Tubbo taught him how to truly love and care for people. Tubbo reminded him that light existed. Tubbo stood up to his blood family. Tubbo protected him.

But then the moment Dream manipulated Tubbo and made Tubbo choose, Tubbo exiled him without another thought. He choose L'Manberg though forced.

It shown Tommy that he wasn't Tubbo's first choice like Tubbo was once his. He was just someone for Tubbo to use until he was done.

Then he remembers the Wars and Chaos. He remembers the blood dripping from his hands. The child soldier he is. The warrior that made all fear before Death. The Silence they called him. What a monster he is!

That's why Tommy smiles at his punishments. As Dream was punishing the monster that Tommy thinks he is. Punishing the monster that fought in the wars with brutality.

Then there was Dream, himself, the Sound or at least that's what Tommy named him. For in exile, Tommy did not really talk unless he was spoke to. Since Ghostbur was gone fullfilling his request to keep everyone happy at the SMP Kingdom and L'Manberg.

There were barely any visitors anymore. So Tommy never broke the silence around him. He considered the silence of exile comfort to the unbearable pain, both emotionally and physically, within him.

As doing so would be allowing himself to be vulnerable to Dream. As he would scream out his pain. He would cry. So he kept it within himself. Never admitting it. Just letting it boil.

Dream broke the silence with the explosions, his voice, his fists, weapons and soul fire. The worst of sound. Sound that constantly belittled Tommy and hurt him. Sound that wouldn't let him leave this prison. Sound that watches him stumble around the Earth.

Tommy didn't consider Dream a real friend. He considered Dream a constant in exile. He only considered him a friend as besides the letters from Ranboo, Puffy and Drista. No one else was really caring.

But now Tommy sits on his dirt pillar that below sits the ruins of Logshedshire. Dream was never a friend. He was evil constant that loved to torture him. For he never bowed to him. Never truly listen to his lies.

Tommy's eyes now having lost their bright childlike blue and light. They were now dull storm like gray that claps with thunder of pain and lightening of bloodshed.

In that moment, as there is no one on this server to spot him. Tommy breaks the silence and screams. He doesn't know how loud he was. He allows himself to finally cry with ugly tears pouring down.

And like that he jumps off of the spiral due to the pain of his legs dragging him down. Yet Tommy felt free. Oh so free in that moment.

But the wind pushes him away from the ground. He lands in the ocean as the pressure might shatter the bones of his legs.

But Tommy pushes himself up to stare at the floating lanterns. For reason, Fate wants him to live.

He stares at the lantern floating now in his hands. Soft tears pour down as he remembers Sam and his promise.

It was a chance. A chance to go home. Tommy pulls out Sam's compass from his pocket. He was still wearing his Tubbo compass.

Sam may hate him but it was a risk worth to take. The small chance of home was so tempting and warm that Tommy didn't resist.

He couldn't stay in Logstedshire and take Dream's sounds anymore. They were too loud for his ears to handle anymore. The loud ringing in his ears proved that.

"Please take me home", Tommy begs the lantern as it begins to glow bright. The magic surrounds Tommy as it lifts him in the air.

Tommy watches the lantern shift from its original shape into a paper machete stork. A large massive as well holding a large white blanket.

Tommy guesses that being a metaphor from where his pain started from. Or at birth. Phil's hatred of him for the lost of his mother. Never being good enough for Phil.

The magic lifts into the white blanket that reveals a pillow, cow plushie and red blanket inside. The magic also tugs him in the makeshift bed before luring him to sleep.

Tommy clutches on tight the cow plushie and Sam's compass before sleep takes him. Tommy decides to trust the lantern-stork to take him home. Or at least give him a chance.