v. frost

You smiled as you stood on one of Asgard's many balconies, feeling the sun shining down on you and the gentle breeze that filled the air. You would never be able to get tired of Asgard's beautiful weather and views.

You made your way back inside, following the hallways you had memorized until you made it to Loki's room. The two of you had been together for almost four a year now and one of your favorite things to do with him while you were in Asgard was walk through and explore the gardens. Asgard had the most beautiful gardens, filled with flowers that you were unable to find in your home on earth.

"Loki!" you called to him as you knocked on his door, waiting a few moments before opening it slowly and stepping inside, "I was wondering if you wanted to take a walk around the gardens with me?"

You spotted Loki standing off to the side of his room facing one of the windows, his back towards you. You waited a moment before you cautiously took a few more steps towards him, sensing that something was off.

"Loki-"

"No," his voice was cold and harsh, a tone he had never used with you before. You froze in your spot, not knowing if you should approach him or leave him alone.

"Loki what's-"

"I wish to be alone," this time as he spoke you could hear the hurt that was laced in his voice and you could feel that his anger wasn't sincere. You didn't want to leave him alone feeling like this so you ignored his wishes and walked towards him.

Loki turned to look at you, his eyes a mix of anger and sorrow.

"I thought I said-"

"I know," you replied gently, "But I'm not going to let you deal with this alone."

Loki stared at your for a moment, his eyes softening just slightly. You reached up putting your hand on his cheek, but as soon as he felt your touch he pulled away and turned to face the window again.

"Loki-"

"You don't deserve me," he spoke and you could hear the brokenness in his voice.

"What?" you were taken aback by his statement, "What are you talking about? I love you-"

"You won't," Loki interrupted again, finally turning back to meet your gaze, "Not once you see what I am."

You were confused by his statements and you knew he could see it written clearly on your face. You searched his eyes for any explanation but all you could find was hurt and pain.

"I'm not Asgardian," Loki finally spoke again.

You were surprised at his words but you didn't allow yourself to reveal it as you waited for him to continue.

"My father," Loki paused, shifting uncomfortably for a moment, "Odin, didn't think it wise to tell me this."

"Loki, it doesn't matter to me if you're Asgardian or not. I still love you just the same," you started, reaching for his hand but he once again pulled away.

"I'm not who you think I am," Loki spoke, his voice beginning to shake as he took a step away from you, "You'll hate me. You'll think I'm horrid and a monster."

Loki glanced up to you, tears lining his eyes, "And you'll be right."

Just as you opened your mouth to speak, Loki's appearance began to shift as he glanced to the floor unable to witness your reaction. You stood stunned for a moment as you watched Loki's skin fade to blue, a lined pattern snaking around his exposed skin.

Once he had fully transformed himself, he cautiously lifted his gaze to meet yours once more and you noticed that his eyes had become red in the process.

"You see?" Loki asked, his voice low and rough, "A monster-"

"No," you spoke taking a step forward as you closed the distance between the two of you once more, "What I see is you. Loki, the man I fell in love with. The man I will love till the day I die and who I will continue to love even after that. Nothing will ever change that for me, including this."

Loki had allowed for a few tears to fall and you raised your hand to wipe them away, but he once again moved away from your touch.

"I'll hurt you," Loki spoke, his voice barely above a whisper.

"You won't," you replied, your voice equally as gentle. You once again moved to place your hand on Loki's cheek and this time he allowed you; relaxing into your touch as he closed his eyes.

You couldn't help yourself from gently tracing the lines that ran across his cheek and jaw, unable to understand how he could see himself as a monster.

"It's beautiful," you whispered, causing Loki to open his eyes once more, "You're beautiful Loki and even if it takes me until my dying breath, I will continue to help you see that in yourself."

Loki couldn't help the small smile that formed on his face at your words.

"I don't deserve you-"

You gently pulled Loki down so that his lips met yours, not wanting him to finish his statement. You weren't going to allow him to speak poorly of himself any longer. He had been doing that for too long, and it was time he understood just how truly beautiful he was.

—☽✰♥✧—

angeliclxki