xiii. premier

You could feel the nerves twisting in your stomach, almost making you feel sick.

Today, or rather tonight, was a big night and you could feel the pressure you had put on yourself starting to get the better of you. You sighed as you glanced at the dress hanging up in front of you, already questioning if it was too fancy or not fancy enough for tonight.

Tonight was the night Tom had been looking forward to for months now; however, you had not been as excited. A few months ago Tom had come home from set almost bursting with excitement, asking you to be his plus one to the Thor: Ragnarok premier later in the year. Of course you had agreed; you didn't want to let him down, but you also couldn't help the little bit of dread that filled you.

None of the fans knew about you yet and although Tom was more then excited to introduce you to the world as his girlfriend, you on the other hand were more than nervous. You knew how harsh people could be as you had seen how brutal some of them were with his previous girlfriends and you feared that the same would happen to you.

You sighed, grabbing the dress down off the hanger and beginning to change into it. At the time when you picked the dress, you had loved it. The color was beautiful and it complemented your skin tone and eye color perfectly, but now that you were standing in front of the mirror and glancing at it from all angles you weren't as in love with it.

'Maybe it will look better once I get my hair and makeup done,' you thought, although you were already doubting the statement.

You got to work on doing your makeup, hoping that whatever look you chose was simple while still being noticeable and flattering. After you finished your makeup, you moved onto fixing your hair; choosing one of your default hair styles but curling it slightly to make it look a little more professional. Once you completed everything you brought yourself back over to the mirror to inspect your finished look.

You felt your mind starting to race as you looked over your dress and makeup. Was it too much? Did you dress to fancy? Was your makeup too heavy? Or was it not enough? Were you going to show up looking underdressed compared to everyone else? What would the fans think, would they approve of you?

A knock at the bedroom door drew you out of your thoughts and you watched as it opened a little, Tom peeking his head through before opening it all the way.

"Wow," he stated, glancing over your dress before his eyes locked onto yours. You couldn't help the blush that spread across your cheeks as he smiled, "You look amazing."

"Are you sure?" you asked glancing down to your dress, as you ran the fabric through your fingers, "I don't know, do you think it's too much? Maybe it's to casual I-"

"Hey," Tom spoke gently, lifting your chin so that you could meet his gaze again, "You look beautiful Y/N, I promise. Your dress is perfect, you're perfect."

He gently kissed your lips before you could protest and you couldn't help the little smile that formed after he pulled away.

"And the fans?," you started, "What if they don't like me?"

"Then that's their loss," Tom spoke again, brushing some hair out of your face as he smiled, "Anyone would be lucky to have you in their life and if they're too ignorant to see how beautiful and perfect you are for me then I can hardly consider them a true fan. However I know they're going to love you, how could they not?"

You stared at Tom for a moment, pushing away the tears that had threatened to fall at his heartfelt words. How on earth did you get this lucky?

"I love you," your voice was almost a whisper as you spoke, once again connecting your lips with a little more passion this time.

"I love you too," Tom replied once you had finally pulled away from each other, "Now come on, I think the world is ready to meet you."

—☽✰♥✧—

cheesy ending? yeah sorry about that

angeliclxki