iii. sleepy

If you had to calculate the amount of sleep you had gotten in the last few days, it would definitely not be enough. Although, you knew you shouldn't be complaining as your husband Loki had gotten maybe half the amount of sleep you had, and you could see that it was starting to take its toll.

The causes of your decrease in sleep began four days ago when the Avengers were called out to an emergency mission in the middle of the night. Due to the unexpected wake up call and the additional worry for Loki and the team, you couldn't fall back asleep that night and instead busied yourself with cleaning up around the compound.

None of the team returned until late the following night so by the time you were finally in bed and asleep next to Loki it was past 1AM. Loki had then had a meeting with the team the next morning and while he was getting ready you had woken up as well, so you decided to make everyone breakfast as you figured there was no use in trying to fall back asleep.

By the third night you were certain you and Loki would finally be able to get some rest but you should have known better than that as nothing ever quite ran smoothly in the Stark Tower. Tony had managed to set off a minor explosion in his lab and although there wasn't much damaged caused, the sound was enough to alarm any neighboring buildings. The incident resulted in everyone in the tower panicking for a moment as the first assumption was that Hydra had made another attack. Tony was quick to explain what had happened and sent everyone back to bed, earning several annoyed glares in the process.

You had managed to fall back asleep for a bit that night but Loki admitted to you in the morning that he hadn't been so lucky and had eventually resorted to reading for the remainder of the night. On the fourth night you hadn't even made it to bed when Thor burst into yours and Loki's room exclaiming that he and Loki needed to get to Asgard as Heimdall had claimed it was an emergency.

You had planned on waiting up for Loki to return but due to your exhaustion you were unable to and were only woken up when he eventually slipped into bed next to you. You had checked the clock as Loki got comfortable next to you, seeing that it was 5:00AM and you had realized that you were going to have to be up soon. Tony always had the worst timings when it came to meetings and the events from the past few days didn't seem to stop him from setting tomorrows at 7:00AM.

It was now 2:30PM and the Avengers had long since finished the meeting and most of them were now gathered in the living room discussing possible missions in the near future. You couldn't help but continuously glance at Loki noticing that his lack of sleep seemed to finally be catching up to him.

The exhaustion was written clearly on his face and you could tell that his mind had drifted far from the conversation that was taking place. You waited only a few seconds more before deciding that the current conversation wasn't of much importance causing you to stand from your spot on the couch and walk over to Loki.

You had caught the attention of everyone, including Loki, who gave you a slightly confused glance as you grabbed his hand and beckoned for him to stand.

"If you'll excuse us, thank you," you spoke, giving the team a nod before leading Loki away and towards the kitchen.

"What are you doing? The team is talking about our missions-"

"I know," you replied, as you grabbed a water bottle and a small cup of fruit from the fridge, "And if they mention anything important Thor will tell us."

After grabbing what you needed you once again lead Loki down the hallway, this time into your bedroom.

"You still haven't answered my first question," Loki spoke up again as you closed the door and turned to face him, "What are you doing?"

"Taking care of you," you replied as you walked past him and took a seat on the edge of your bed, patting the space next to you to indicate you wanted him to sit. Loki once again gave you a confused glance as he complied to your wishes and sat down next to you.

"What are you talking about?" Loki questioned as you adjusted yourself to face him.

"You've barely gotten any rest the past of couple of days," you started, handing the water bottle and fruit to him, "And I've watched you lose your appetite, you need to eat too."

Loki glanced at the food and water in his hands before returning his gaze to yours, "I'm not hungry."

"I know, but I need you to eat it anyway," you replied your voice still gentle but holding just enough sternness to let him know this wasn't up for debate.

Loki held your gaze for a moment but as soon as he realized that your weren't going to back down, he sighed. He set the wattle bottle down on the bed next to you before opening the fruit cup and beginning to eat.

"Thank you," you said gently, giving him a small smile as he returned the gesture half heartedly, "Once your done we're going to sleep for a bit."

Loki only replied with a small nod before you stood from the bed and walked to your window, closing the blinds to make the room darker. You then made your way back to the bed, untucking the sheets before turning to the table beside your bed and lighting your favorite candle. The scent of it always made you feel relaxed and allowed you to fall asleep fairly quickly.

Once you had finished you turned back to Loki to see that he had eaten about 2/3 of the fruit and looked to be having a harder time eating anymore. You were satisfied enough though, as at least he had been willing to eat a little bit of it.

"You don't need to eat it all, I just wanted you to eat something," you spoke up, as Loki nodded and handed the fruit to you as he grabbed the water bottle. You put the lid back on the cup and set aside on your table before climbing into the bed.

Loki used his magic to change into comfier clothes as he climbed into the bed next to you. You pulled Loki close to you and he accepted your comfort and rested his head against your neck. You lifted the sheets around the two of you as Loki finally relaxed into the warmth of both you and the bed.

You continued to rub his back and run your hand through his hair, waiting until you felt him completely relax in your arms. Once you knew that he was asleep you finally allowed yourself to close your eyes and drift off.

—☽✰♥✧—

angeliclxki